website statistics

Volleyball 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Amazing Champion's League final between :ITA Vero Volley Milano 2 - 3 :ITA Imoco Volley Conegliano!! The EurovolleyTV broadcast was available for free in the Netherlands, was a great opportunity to watch some of the highest level volleyball. And with a great result: another major prize for Robin de Kruijf!

Meanwhile on the men's side a convincing 3-0 win for :ITA Trentino Itas.

3 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Amazing Champion's League final between :ITA Vero Volley Milano 2 - 3 :ITA Imoco Volley Conegliano!! The EurovolleyTV broadcast was available for free in the Netherlands, was a great opportunity to watch some of the highest level volleyball. And with a great result: another major prize for Robin de Kruijf!

Meanwhile on the men's side a convincing 3-0 win for :ITA Trentino Itas.

Finally a victory for Trento after 13 years (time of Juantorena and Kazyiski) and three defeats in the three finals in a row (two in 2021 and 2022). The series of victories of Polish teams was also broken: 3 in a row. In the women's game, Paola Egonu played very poorly today and this is worrying in the context of the national team season.

Posted (edited)

I'm sad that Jastrzębski Węgiel didn't win the title, it would be so massive achievment for our volleyball as earlier Polish clubs did win this season Challenge Cup (Projekt Warszawa) and CEV Cup (Asseco Resovia). Anyway silver medal is still good :) 

And I'm happy for Imoco and Joanna Wołosz :clap:

Edited by rybak

25 minutes ago, rybak said:

This was the 7th season for De Kruijf and Wolosz at Imoco together I believe! Such a stable core for an elite team. Them and De Gennaro have been there for ages I feel like. Love it when a team sticks together:cheer:

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm sad that Jastrzębski Węgiel didn't win the title, it would be so massive achievment for our volleyball as earlier Polish clubs did win this season Challenge Cup (Projekt Warszawa) and CEV Cup (Asseco Resovia). Anyway silver medal is still good :) 

Italy is the only nation among men that is able to interrupt Polish domination from time to time, either in the national team or in the club. For me, Trento deserved this title after so many years of waiting. Moreover, it is a rare example of an Italian team with a great youth academy that is not afraid to rely on young Italians: Michieletto and Giannelli trained there in their youth.

Edited by copravolley

• 2 weeks later...

Today our guys played first match of this very important for them season, friendly against Germany, they lost 1-3, exactly like it was in last year, I'm hoping that this trend will repeat and now we will win all important, official matches, like it was in 2023 :d