website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

22 hours ago, Josh said:

WL of 9.90 for :RSA Akane Simbine in the men’s 100m at the Atlantic City Games! :hyper:

Also in Atlanta they had an ultra-rare staging of two straight-line 200m races!  Sadly, both races had strong headwinds, so no sensational times.

3 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Regarding decathlon, will Mayer compete in Paris? I haven't seen or heard anything about him recently. 

he had to do the Oyonnax decathlon, he withdrew, in my opinion he will not go to the Olympic games, his career is over.

23 hours ago, Benolympique said:
he had to do the Oyonnax decathlon, he withdrew, in my opinion he will not go to the Olympic games, his career is over.

That's a shame. I was hoping his injuries wouldn't prevent him from competing in Paris. 

On 5/21/2024 at 9:51 AM, Benolympique said:

It's a real shame to see him miss out on the Olympics. The Decathlon is one of the most classic Olympic events to me and would have been even greater with a  French medal candidate in Paris.

Posted (edited)

so the highly anticipated [for me obviously,lol]Johvi meet was.....interesting. this had great wind last year,checked the wind for today and it did not seem to be the right type of wind,which yeah i was correct about,so results in the discus weren't amazing,i was further stressed as Mykolas[who wasn't initially supposed to be there according to Jusis,but he just wanted to compete against the best sooner than another week out so Jusis couldn't do much] had a start that mirrored his 2023 ncaa finals-two fouls to start off with,the second throw going far but going out of the sector,so needed a safety throw,did it, it was enough for 7,then went 64.72 next round to move up to fourth,before chucking a 68.82:clap: in round number 5 to steal the win off of Ceh who threw 68.60 early on,Denny was third with 67.99 from round one,Stahl only fourth with 66.69.Super proud of Mykolas for not giving up despite a rough start and i honestly think it was the the travel fatigue that finally hit him here,but will still wait to seif there's any comments[also he was throwing right in front of his dad behind the barrier,so that could of added some nerves]. 

Edited by Biathlonfan

:KEN Aaron Kemei might be one to watch for leading up to Paris, today he clocked a new WL of 1:43.55 in the men’s 800m at the Meeting Citta Di Asti! :hyper:

Coming into 2024, his PB was 1:46.20. 

1 minute ago, Josh said:

:KEN Aaron Kemei might be one to watch for leading up to Paris, today he clocked a new WL of 1:43.55 in the men’s 800m at the Meeting Citta Di Asti! :hyper:

Coming into 2024, his PB was 1:46.20. 

in the same race, :ITA Catalin Tecuceanu was 2nd in 1.44.01 (new PB), which is the best European mark so far

always in Asti, :ITA Leonardo Fabbri went 22.91m in the men's Shot Put, just 4cm shy of his recent National record (and WL)