website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

Cairo World cup starts tomorrow. Cottbus is next week.

Cairo Entry list: https://www.gymnastics.sport/asset.php?id=fidb_15319

Somewhat unsurprisingly a massive entry list nearly 300 which is nearly double this world cups typical number of entries. No Russia as expected but Belarus as neutrals and North Korea interestingly are here.

Top 2 eligible gymnasts per apparatus to qualify based on the best 3 of 4 world cup results. Sharing the point allocation system because I found it difficult to find in the past.

Rank Apparatus World Cup points
1 30
2 25
3 20
4 18
5 16
6 14
7 12
8 10
9 8
10 7
11 6
12 5
13 4
14 3
15 2
16 1

Anyone with a more extensive gymnastics knowledge want to try and preview/ predict these qualifiers?

A question regarding the quotas to be distributed via World Cup: are there any limitations beside the max 3 athletes per noc? 

so nations like for example Brazil can win only one additional male quota, while nations without quota so far theoretically could take 3 quotas? 

21 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

A question regarding the quotas to be distributed via World Cup: are there any limitations beside the max 3 athletes per noc? 

so nations like for example Brazil can win only one additional male quota, while nations without quota so far theoretically could take 3 quotas? 

it seems to me that countries which have one team cannot win others, for the rest I don't know

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

it seems to me that countries which have one team cannot win others, for the rest I don't know

Correct , nations with a qualified team can’t get more quotas. I was asking about the others. 

3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

For countries that don't have a team qualified they can get only 3 individuals quotas. Brazil already has 2 individual quotas so they can only earn one more quota, same with South Korea. France can get only 2 individuals quota.