website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Last minute news: United Kingdom, Ireland, Portugal and Switzerland reportedly withdraw from Grand Final :yikes:

Oh so Lithuania just lost 12 points from both UK and Ireland... Portugal probably didn't want to participate anyway just to finish last lol

1 minute ago, Bearas said:

Oh so Lithuania just lost 12 points from both UK and Ireland... Portugal probably didn't want to participate anyway just to finish last lol

Withdrawals, at least Dutch one, will not affect of voting and Dutch people still can send their SMS.

Right, a few more details. AVROTROS offered several things to avoid a DQ, including Joost publicly apologizing, a talk between all parties involved (refused outright by the camera woman) and a joint statement with EBU. A small incident but even apologizing for that wasn't accepted.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I love how Croatian delegation is basically sitting there eating popcorn and watching this all drama knowing their are winning tonight and it might be the most watched Eurovision final because of all of the drama :lol:

12 minutes ago, Bearas said:

I love how Croatian delegation is basically sitting there eating popcorn and watching this all drama knowing their are winning tonight and it might be the most watched Eurovision final because of all of the drama :lol:

I really, really hope so :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

🇺🇦🇮🇱 Ukraine has included Israeli singer Eden Golan on the "Peacemaker" list, which includes individuals considered enemies of Ukraine. The Israeli singer has lived in Russia and has also visited Crimea.

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There may still be a part of the story missing of course, but EBU has refused to give any information whatsoever, so for now we only have the AVROTROS statement to go on and that one tells the story of something that can barely even be called an incident.

DQ for that is utterly ridiculous.

I'm sure we'll get a clearer picture of what happened in the coming weeks, but this is just sad regardless