website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Women’s 3m Synchro Springboard Quotas: :AUS:USA:UKR:GER

No words… absolute disaster from a Canadian point of view. Could’ve been in contention for a medal come Paris, but instead we don’t even qualify :cry::cry:

Pamela Ware had a horrible, horrible, day capped off by a failed dive in the final round. Shame it had to come on a day with Olympic qualification on the line. 

Looking at the men's 3m springboard competition, I think we are probably sitting at between 24-27 quotas:

image.png

I think it is likely that :CHN will end up taking 3 athletes in the 3m events. Wang Zongyuan is pretty much nailed on to do both synchro and individual, whilst Siyi Xie is likely to be favourite to get the nod for the second individual spot. The only question then is whether Xie doubles up in the synchro but given Zongyuan and Daoyi are well established pairing, I can see the team replicating their 2012 and 2016 approach and taking 3 athletes.

For :FRA, Joules Bouyer and Alexis Jandard will likely take the synchro spot and I'd be 90%+ certain that Bouyer will also be in the individual. When it comes to the second spot, Jandard will need to fight it out against Bisch. 

With :GBR, we have our established synchro pairing of Laugher and Harding and that won't change as we go forward to Paris. Laugher is also likely to take one of the individual spots. Competition for the second individual spot will probably be among the most intense in the diving squad with at least 3-4 names very much in the mix. At this point, I'd say it is more likely than not that we will use 3 quotas in this event.

Finally, for :USA, the depth of their squad always makes it difficult to guess what their team will look like but again, I think it is likely they'll end up with 3 athletes on springboard. I don't think we should read too much into their results from Doha - they already had the full set of quotas from Fukuoka so didn't really need to peak for this week. 

3 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Looking at the men's 3m springboard competition, I think we are probably sitting at between 24-27 quotas:

image.png

I think it is likely that :CHN will end up taking 3 athletes in the 3m events. Wang Zongyuan is pretty much nailed on to do both synchro and individual, whilst Siyi Xie is likely to be favourite to get the nod for the second individual spot. The only question then is whether Xie doubles up in the synchro but given Zongyuan and Daoyi are well established pairing, I can see the team replicating their 2012 and 2016 approach and taking 3 athletes.

For :FRA, Joules Bouyer and Alexis Jandard will likely take the synchro spot and I'd be 90%+ certain that Bouyer will also be in the individual. When it comes to the second spot, Jandard will need to fight it out against Bisch. 

With :GBR, we have our established synchro pairing of Laugher and Harding and that won't change as we go forward to Paris. Laugher is also likely to take one of the individual spots. Competition for the second individual spot will probably be among the most intense in the diving squad with at least 3-4 names very much in the mix. At this point, I'd say it is more likely than not that we will use 3 quotas in this event.

Finally, for :USA, the depth of their squad always makes it difficult to guess what their team will look like but again, I think it is likely they'll end up with 3 athletes on springboard. I don't think we should read too much into their results from Doha - they already had the full set of quotas from Fukuoka so didn't really need to peak for this week. 

so for your information, the quotas won by :FRA are nominative as announced by the French federation, jandard will have the synchronization

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

so for your information, the quotas won by :FRA are nominative as announced by the French federation, jandard will have the synchronization

And what about the individual spots? Will Bouyer and Bisch be selected as they won the quotas?

12 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

image.png

For Mexico it should be Osmar for sure, but the second quota may be contested between Diego & Celaya.