website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

For me, the amount of athletes isn’t the problem, but more so the fact that qualification lasts multiple hours. Hard for the divers to keep focused on their competition when they have to wait 40 minutes in between dives. What I’d probably do is sort the athletes into two groups, and do one group after another. But that’s just me :dunno:

This.

And please, PLEASE, bring back the semifinal format for the Synchro events. Direct final with 20+ teams doesnt cut it for me.

1 hour ago, Jur said:

From a medal yesterday in the Sincro event to not even make top20 today, bad performance from the :ESP boys, no individual quota for us

You're not alone, Ukrainian guys did the same :bye:

6 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Guys all Top 18 are really safe

I think so too, provided that out of the synchro pairs from :CHN :FRA :GBR :ITA :MEX :USA, at least 6 divers “double” up, which is likely.

Right now, the last athlete with a mathematical chance would be :PUR Emmanuel Vazquez, but I doubt anyone past :DOM Frandiel Gomez makes it.

Women’s 10m Synchro Platform Olympic Qualification After 3/5 Dives: 

:PRK 171.90

:UKR 154.92

:CAN 153.72

:MEX 153.30

:AUS 153.30

:GER 151.56

:ESP 150.00

:JPN 148.80

Malaysia, Puerto Rico, and South Korea are already eliminated from contention IMO. 

Women’s 10m Synchro Platform Olympic Qualification After 4/5 Dives: 

:PRK 244.86

:UKR 225.00

:MEX 223.38

:CAN 223.02

:GER 213.66

Spain, Australia, and Japan also join the list of NOCs eliminated from contention. 

Four countries battling for bronze, with Mexico, Ukraine, Canada, and Great Britain all in the mix. China and North Korea are pretty much guaranteed gold and silver. 

Edited by Josh