website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

26 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Do you celebrate this day ? Today is the day when Prophet Moses did split the red sea to escape Pharoas 

Is there a name for this holiday? Of course I know the story, but I had no idea there's people in the world who 'celebrate' it as a specific day.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Is there a name for this holiday? Of course I know the story, but I had no idea there's people in the world who 'celebrate' it as a specific day.

Yes called " achoura" in arabic, means 10th ...celebrated every 10 Moharem and Moharem is the first arabic month just like January ...this incident of Moses hapenned in 10 Moharem 

What is the Day of Ashura?

There are certain days in the year which are more virtuous than others, one such day is the 10th of Muharram which is known as the Day of Ashura, falling in the first month of the Islamic lunar calendar.

The word Ashura is derived from the word “Asharah”, which means ten in Arabic.

It is believed the Day of Ashura commemorates various historical events, including the day when Prophet Moses (Musa) and the Israelites were saved from the tyranny of Pharaoh in Egypt.

38 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

A delegation of politicians from all parties (including party leaders, ministers and leading national politicians) will challenge the national singing team in a charity football match tomorrow 

IMG_20240716_222132_280.jpg

And then challenge the national football team to a singing match.

10 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Not sure where to post this, but here's a Youtube channel where two brothers attempt to perform all the Olympic events in one week. As of now, only the first two have been posted

140 events, where are the other 191? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

They obviously combined all the men's and women's events and I doubt they are going to compete in all weight classes in the combat/weightlifting events.

Right. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually, wasn't entirely awake yet I think :d