website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

As an American, it was interesting to watch. All of the what he said is pretty much correct. The comments from Americans on the video are hilarious too. 

The biggest thing that he didn’t highlight is to note the difference in state laws. There can be rather big differences in driving, drug, alcohol laws from state to state. Someone in the comments said it’s best to think of the US as more of the EU, and I think that’s a good point if you take a trip to the US. For instance highest speed limit in California is 75 mph, while in many state it can be 70, or 80 mph.

Also, he’s absolutely correct about “How are you?” being a greeting, not a question. If an American asks “how are you?” at the beginning of a conversation, just answer with “I’m good”, or “I’m fine”, or “I’m well” (even if you’re not :p)

The healthcare thing is definitely important too. An ambulance trip alone will cost you +$2000 USD without insurance. Also, if you go into labor (as in pre-child birth) on the US, hold that motherfucker in until you get back home, because child birth in the US is ridiculously expensive (I believe last I heard the average is around circa $10,000 USD). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Two of the most beautiful people on the planet so fittingly.. :d Damn, Haley, i always had a crush on you and you had to score the biggest movie star of the past 30 years. Now how can i top that. :d

Tom Cruise, 58, reportedly dating ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ co-star Hayley Atwell, 38

GettyImages-1229010796.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

17 minutes ago, bmo said:

Tokyo is right around the corner.

I get a strange feeling like I’ve heard this before... :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela