website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

This is very disappointing to cancel such a big event this close to the competition. :( specially when things are going back to normal in most countries

postponing it to the next year is also a bad idea because of the Olympic qualifiers in most sports next year.

I still hope it doesn't happen. @Vic Liu I asked you about this couple times before :d sorry but now I have a valid reason to ask again. what's our chance ?

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

This is very disappointing to cancel such a big event this close to the competition. :( specially when things are going back to normal in most countries

postponing it to the next year is also a bad idea because of the Olympic qualifiers in most sports next year.

I still hope it doesn't happen. @Vic Liu I asked you about this couple times before :d sorry but now I have a valid reason to ask again. what's our chance ?

I still think the postponement is very unlikely. No major Chinese media or official report the possible postponement though I also see the news from some tabloid or self media. I hope the committee clarify it as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

It's official now.

The Asian Olympic Council announced on the 6th that the 19th Asian Games, originally scheduled to be held in Hangzhou, China, from September 10 to 25, 2022, would be postponed.

:( 

This is quite sad

I wonder what other events they will come for in China. Nanjing 2023?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Really really disappointing, having the games in 2023 will conflict with lots of Olympic qualifiers. :(

I hope OCA seriously looks for another host. you can't trust China with hosting things anymore :( even though it's probably not possible to organize such a huge event in less than a year.