website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:PRK men's football match is the nation's first international sporting experience in over 3 years. I wonder if they will compete outside of the Asian Games. Regardless it'll be interesting to look at the state of their team and see what Olympic quotas they may challenge for.

10 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Malus VPN + watching at Miguvideo is what I am using (they're having a promotion of Standard VIP for USD 1.36/30 days), maybe the downside is that you need to know some Chinese and bear the 60s unskippable ad

Yeah, I barely trust the VPNs I use, so that’s a little too far for me. 

RTM had some FTA streaming during the Commonwealth Games that worked well for me, but it doesn’t seem like they’ve put together a similar page for the Asian Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Can someone explain the cricket tournament format? :MGL and :HKG play in a match labeled “Qualification to QF” today, but both should qualify, no? 

The format seems really odd with no group stage and pre-seeded teams in the knockout stage.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Can someone explain the cricket tournament format? :MGL and :HKG play in a match labeled “Qualification to QF” today, but both should qualify, no? 

The format seems really odd with no group stage and pre-seeded teams in the knockout stage.

No, :THA is also competing for a total of nine teams. So :THA:MAS:INA and the winner of the qualifier will compete next round and face the top four seeds.

Unfortunately you can only have so many matches with one venue. The schedule for cricket is packed as you need to take into account rain delays too. That's why if cricket ever gets in the Olympics you'd need two venues or else you'll have teams automatically advancing to the knockout stage (or just a knockout tournament).

It’s interesting how eights (rowing) will suddenly come out of the woodwork for the Asian Games and Pan American Games. I’m sure most of that has to do with an opportunity to earn medals, but it’s interesting those entries never really translate to global events.

Edited by Olympian1010

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s interesting how eights (rowing) will suddenly come out of the woodwork for the Asian Games and Pan American Games. I’m sure most of that has to do with an opportunity to earn medals, but it’s interesting those entries never really translate to global events.

Sadly the eights is gone from the Pan Ams (at least in the traditional sense)

16 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sadly the eights is gone from the Pan Ams (at least in the traditional sense)

Right, but even when you look at the last two editions, there were entries you didn’t really see elsewhere. As I’ve said before though, I think an over saturation of events might be the reason for slim entry numbers. 

I’m not quite sure the account admin understood the question being asked here :facepalm:

Also, “according to IOC” is a weird response. I know they are referring to an article on Olympics.com, but one would assume the LOC would know who has television rights in each country :wacko:

Edited by Olympian1010

looks like China is going to win all Rowing gold medals. :d in past there was a rule limiting each country to something like 10 boats (out of 14 or 15) but they removed that this time. 

(I believe China is a bit vulnerable in Single Sculls events, so maybe they won't win 100% of the gold medals)