website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

Commentator crying out of joy because :ENG England has just defeated :GAM Gambia (!) is a little too much. :p

That was patriotic commentating even for national TV standards, let alone a supposed international feed.

They are all horrible. Idk why international federations insist on English announcers.

What the?! The results in the individual all-around final in rhythmic gymnastics are... I have no words. Ekimova with the gold medal? We've had plenty of weird results in men's artistic gymnastics with gold medals galore for England, so I must have been very naive not to believe this would happen again in rhythmic gymnastics.

Even the results when England did not win medals were STILL weird. For example, Rooskrantz had a mostly clean uneven bars routine and she earned a bronze medal with 13.433. The English girl, Achampong, had a very untidy routine with lots and lots of errors and still got the same score. Rooskrantz had a better execution score, so she won the bronze medal and Achampong finished medal-less, but the point is that Achampong should not even score that high to begin with.

The scores for the English gymnasts have been ridiculous.

And Kallemaa once again was robbed. Unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

What the?! The results in the individual all-around final in rhythmic gymnastics are... I have no words. Ekimova with the gold medal? We've had plenty of weird results in men's artistic gymnastics with gold medals galore for England, so I must have been very naive not to believe this would happen again in rhythmic gymnastics.

Even the results when England did not win medals were STILL weird. For example, Rooskrantz had a mostly clean uneven bars routine and she earned a bronze medal with 13.433. The English girl, Achampong, had a very untidy routine with lots and lots of errors and still got the same score. Rooskrantz had a better execution score, so she won the bronze medal and Achampong finished medal-less, but the point is that Achampong should not even score that high to begin with.

The scores for the English gymnasts have been ridiculous.

And Kallemaa once again was robbed. Unbelievable.

Funny Face Wow GIF by Tennis TV

Lawrence :AUS v. Lessing :RSA has probably been the best match in wrestling so far, or at least the most competitive. Nice to see some back and forth for a change.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela