website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

How dare you :p

Honestly, I have no idea where this girl came from :d

Well, she finished 84th in WOG 2018 sprint which was her senior debut.

Last season she competed in only two World Cup individual starts (plus some relays): Hochfilzen sprint (89th) and Ruhpolding sprint (82th) where she finished behind Poland's Karolina Piton despite having fewer misses. Piton is so bad she's basically our #6/7 biathlete so this is real bad.

So 2019/20 is her first full season in World Cup. Like I said before, her only points before Antholz was in Ostersund individual (39th). But she won three medals in Lenzerheide World Juniors.

21 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

What a fascinating championships so far.  7 nations who have won medals, the most surprising must be Susan Dunklee of the US.  I think by the end, we will have 10 different nations who win medals.

Doubt the whole 10 nations on the medal table.

Most likely candidate is Sweden, but Oeberg is running out of chances.

As for the women's relay, Sweden or Switzerland could climb onto the podium, but not likely that both will make it.

The next possible candidates would be Austria or Finland, but Austria does not look alive at the moment, perhaps single-mix Eder's and Hauser's combo get a bronze? Depending on what the big nations start there. 

Finland, well there's a mass start for Kaisa and it's safe to say it's her strongest discipline, but she is not looking reliable with the rifle.

Following that, there's Ukraine (also possibly only for the women's relay or perhaps a surprise 20/20 individual tomorrow) and a surprise medal for Fialkova in the mass start as Slovakia's only option. 

Not really seeing Belarus, Poland, Canada, Estonia doing anything and Fak for Slovenia is looking miserable in these champs so far. 

If I had to make a safe bet, I'd say only Sweden joins the medal table. Would like to be proved wrong.

Edited by Werloc

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Lena Haecki is having a terrible champs on the range. I'd say Swiss women are more likely to get onto the penalty loop rather than the podium.

To be brutally honest, a lot of outsiders with potential are having a terrible championships. Apart from the unexpected women's sprint result, these championships so far belonged to the favourites.

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

To be brutally honest, a lot of outsiders with potential are having a terrible championships. Apart from the unexpected women's sprint result, these championships so far belonged to the favourites.

Yes, the women's sprint had the most adverse wind conditions. Then again, Haecki has been the "outsider with potential" for like 5 years now. She had a huge hype coming from the juniors and just hasn't been able to get over the hump yet.

Dare I say Kamila Zuk is an outsider with potential too but she's had a terrible shooting results here :wacko:

Just now, Monzanator said:

Yes, the women's sprint had the most adverse wind conditions. Then again, Haecki has been the "outsider with potential" for like 5 years now. She had a huge hype coming from the juniors and just hasn't been able to get over the hump yet.

Dare I say Kamila Zuk is an outsider with potential too but she's had a terrible shooting results here :wacko:

Zuk is a bit too far-fetched for me.

I'd be more inclined to see something from Brorsson, Hauser. Franziska Preuss looks to be close to podium form, don't know if calling her an outsider would do her justice though :p