website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

I always try to polish up my French when watching the Parade. :p

The very little French I know comes from ceremonies, and the names of sports/equipment/dates on multi-sports website. Plus, like Spanish, some of the words are similar to their English counterparts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

It was Sydney when the 3 :TLS athletes entered the parade of nations as penultimate country under the Olympic flag with the biggest smiles I ever seen in my life ? This one moment I remember the most from this opening ceremony, It was just excelent

Sydney came just after the end of the War of Independence against Indonesia I think. That was a long/bloody conflict (as those usually are)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Sydney came just after the end of the War of Independence against Indonesia I think. That was a long/bloody conflict (as those usually are)

yep this was their first ever appearance and they had only 3 guys under olympic flag (if i´m not wrog) but they were so incredibly happy, jumping and smiling, I remember this like yesterday, it was really great

1 minute ago, rybak said:

If I good remember they had their green flag yet in both Athens and Beijing.

Yeah they adopted the new flag just before the Arab Spring I think...maybe after. It’s hard to keep track of the political comings and going’s of the Arab questions.