website statistics

Which Sports Events are you Currently Watching?

dcro

37 minutes ago, dcro said:

And wait... This is supposed to be a torch runner? I always thought that was a rhythmic gymnast. :yikes:

800px-2000_Summer_Olympics_logo.svg.png

Thanks to Totallympics I'm associating this 99% with @MHSN and barely 1% with Sydney 2000 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, dcro said:

:BER MJ Tumbridge the flag bearer. :cheer:

The only ever Pan Am gold medalist for Bermuda. :coffee:

And there goes a trivia question...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Eh?  Parade of Athletes is the only good part! :thankyou: It’s the recreation of the Sun-God rituals of the ancient Rabatababa people that is always boring!  :old:

I highly interested in the Sun-God rituals of the ancient Rabatababa people. 

I love the “ceremony” parts of the ceremony. The show, raising the flags, anthems, etc. (just not the speeches, those can go (and I feel like we can all agree on that). It’s one of the coolest ways to learn the culture and history of a country. Plus, I’m about to go through 16 incredible days of sport, give me an awesome cultural performance before that! 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela