website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

The CWG could be held at the same time anyhow so many events overlapp.Athletics world champs and world games are at the same time in same nation so it's fine. They can postpone by 4 months - 1 year. Not earlier not later with Asian Games in September. 

UFC 249 has been cancelled after Disney & ESPN called Dana White and put the hammer down on his ridiculous efforts to stage the event in an Indian reservation in California (hosting the event there would allow to bypass the federal law). Well, if there's no TV cameras then the whole thing doesn't make sense anymore :p

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

UFC 249 has been cancelled after Disney & ESPN called Dana White and put the hammer down on his ridiculous efforts to stage the event in an Indian reservation in California (hosting the event there would allow to bypass the federal law). Well, if there's no TV cameras then the whole thing doesn't make sense anymore :p

Great, now I've got some more time to catch up. I'm already at UFC on FOX 29, Poirier vs Gaethje, 14 April 2018 :p Still within the two years (and still managed to avoid 99,99% of spoilers, such as names of events other than just the number :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Great, now I've got some more time to catch up. I'm already at UFC on FOX 29, Poirier vs Gaethje, 14 April 2018 :p Still within the two years (and still managed to avoid 99,99% of spoilers, such as names of events other than just the number :d )

When did you become a MMA follower? :p

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

When did you become a MMA follower? :p

I wouldn't say follower (since I'm so far behind and stay as far away from news about it as I can of course), but I started watching it a little around 2016 I think, and quite a lot in 2017 and 18 when I was having long (one to sometimes even three hours) trainings on my indoor bike and wanted something to watch :p 

Often it was MMA, sometimes a series, but I got to liking MMA and now I don't want to start watching with current events but work my way slowly back from April 2018 to live :d 

I don't even Google anything about it, because I don't know who the current champions are for example and very much want to keep it that way. There's only one fight of which I know the outcome (Khabib vs McGregor) because I watched that one the day after, but the rest is going to be a surprise for me for a long time to come :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I wouldn't say follower (since I'm so far behind and stay as far away from news about it as I can of course), but I started watching it a little around 2016 I think, and quite a lot in 2017 and 18 when I was having long (one to sometimes even three hours) trainings on my indoor bike and wanted something to watch :p 

Often it was MMA, sometimes a series, but I got to liking MMA and now I don't want to start watching with current events but work my way slowly back from April 2018 to live :d 

I don't even Google anything about it, because I don't know who the current champions are for example and very much want to keep it that way. There's only one fight of which I know the outcome (Khabib vs McGregor) because I watched that one the day after, but the rest is going to be a surprise for me for a long time to come :d 

Well, you're a long way behind then. I guess you must have heard about Peter Aerts or Remy Bonjasky though? :evil:

59 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, you're a long way behind then. I guess you must have heard about Peter Aerts or Remy Bonjasky though? :evil:

You still have the Massacre in Massachusetts, the Hoosegow in Glasgow, the Beatdown in Cowtown and the Street Brawl in Montreal to look forward to.  :banana:

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

I know them from K1/kickboxing of course, yes :d 

Bonjasky is still on TV in the studio usually as co-host for the Glory kickboxing events. Always interesting to listen to him and good to see one of the kindest people in the sport still involved in it.

21 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Most current mma fans have started out with K-1 & kickboxing rather than boxing. Netherlands (or Surinam & Curacao :evil: ) have always had a strong presence in K-1 so it should be popular with mma now. Alistair Overeem is still in UFC :p Bonjasky used to be my favorite K-1 fighter back in the vintage days :cheer: