website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nazi salutes are worse, but I’m not all that familiar with the incident you shared. Obviously, I’ve seen the video, but I don’t know a lot of the context around it. Slovan seems to have a pattern a Neo-Nazi ultras, so that’s why I said they’d be competition.

It's the fascist salute not the nazist one :evil:

27 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's the fascist salute not the nazist one :evil:

Is there a difference? (I’m genuinely asking as I didn’t know there was two different salutes)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nazi salutes are worse, but I’m not all that familiar with the incident you shared. Obviously, I’ve seen the video, but I don’t know a lot of the context around it. Slovan seems to have a pattern a Neo-Nazi ultras, so that’s why I said they’d be competition.

Yeah, I don't expect any American to have a serious knowledge on soccer after all. It's obviously very different in Europe. Paolo Di Canio is an open fascist and his Roman salute after a Lazio game caused an uproar back in 2005. Lazio's supporters are well known far-right extremists for many years and if you had more knowledge on soccer you'd probably be #1 Lazio critic here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1506262/Im-a-fascist-not-a-racist-says-Paolo-di-Canio.html

This article gets it wrong on lack of black players at Lazio back then though since Fabio Liverani (mother from Somalia) played for them and I have no idea why he's not included. Things have changed in the last 15 years but Lazio fans' fascism has not ;)

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Is there a difference? (I’m genuinely asking as I didn’t know there was two different salutes)

Hitler "adopted" the Roman salute as well as the swastika (sign of good luck in ancient Rome) when he came to power. As a failed painter Hitler was always a fan of ancient Roman/classical art.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_salute

I supose you didn't watch any movies staged in ancient Rome in your life? ;)

24 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I supose you didn't watch any movies staged in ancient Rome in your life? ;)

Gladiator, but it’s not really a historical film as much as a drama. I remember watching “The Eagle” too, but again that took place mostly in Britannia.

I’ve heard of the term “Roman Salute”, but I just thought it was the Italian name for the Nazi salute.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gladiator, but it’s not really a historical film as much as a drama. I remember watching “The Eagle” too, but again that took place mostly in Britannia.

I’ve heard of the term “Roman Salute”, but I just thought it was the Italian name for the Nazi salute.

Yeah, other than soccer Americans are pretty weak in European history as well even though fascism has had quite a prominent role in the last century ;)

Cicero who provides a written evidence about the Roman salute lived 2,000 years before Mussolini & Hitler :p

KI Klaksvik :FRO - Slovan Bratislava :SVK 3-0  Forfaited, Klaksvik qualified for 2nd Qualifying Round .

UEFA announced today the decision.

Slovan in other hand is trying the last attempt, apparently all players who returned from the Faroese were tested negative yesterday in Slovakia :d  They send the tests to UEFA :lol:

The saga continue.

Slovan made today an official appeal to CAS :d

The management of the club insists that Slovan was harmed by the "unfair conduct of the Faroese party and that Klaksvík did not fulfill its obligations under the protocol of the European Football Union (UEFA)"

New update.

CAS said it was asked by Slovan for an urgent ruling to postpone tonights match of the 2nd Qualifying round in Switzerland between Young Boys and KI Klaksvik until CAS has ruled on the merits of the case.

UEFA declined to comment :d

https://sports.yahoo.com/slovak-club-fights-uefa-cas-over-champions-league-101446726--sow.html