website statistics

Taekwondo WT Grand Slam Champions Series 2019

Totallympics

3rd day draw released.

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Draw-Sheet20-DEC-2019-Day-3-With-Contest-Number.pdf

Yushuai Liang has a perfect chance to win the Grand Slam Olympic quota as long as he gets into the final. I think it not that difficult as it sounds according to the draw. Hope he win it.

31 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

3rd day draw released.

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Draw-Sheet20-DEC-2019-Day-3-With-Contest-Number.pdf

Yushuai Liang has a perfect chance to win the Grand Slam Olympic quota as long as he gets into the final. I think it not that difficult as it sounds according to the draw. Hope he win it.

yes it doesn't look hard ! none of the top guys in this weight are in the draw, specially those 2 Koreans ! and I'm also surprised why Jack Woolley himself didn't participate ! there was 50% chance for him to be in the same half of the draw with Liang and stop him from reaching the final.

only 2 athletes can mathematically grab the quota, Liang and Chen Xiaoyi, Liang needs a silver but Chen needs the gold medal. and they will most probably meet each other in the QF ! if I was the Chinese Federation president I would tell the other Chinese athletes to be "nice" with Liang but I don't know how these things work in China :d

and for the Women's +67kg. the only athlete capable of winning the quota is Madelynn GORMAN-SHORE (USA) but it's kind of mission impossible for her, she has to win the gold and Bianca Walkden losing in QF. with anything else the quota goes to Kowalczuk of Poland.

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes it doesn't look hard ! none of the top guys in this weight are in the draw, specially those 2 Koreans ! and I'm also surprised why Jack Woolley himself didn't participate ! there was 50% chance for him to be in the same half of the draw with Liang and stop him from reaching the final.

only 2 athletes can mathematically grab the quota, Liang and Chen Xiaoyi, Liang needs a silver but Chen needs the gold medal. and they will most probably meet each other in the QF ! if I was the Chinese Federation president I would tell the other Chinese athletes to be "nice" with Liang but I don't know how these things work in China :d

and for the Women's +67kg. the only athlete capable of winning the quota is Madelynn GORMAN-SHORE (USA) but it's kind of mission impossible for her, she has to win the gold and Bianca Walkden losing in QF. with anything else the quota goes to Kowalczuk of Poland.

To be honest, the draw itself suggests something has been done by China Federation. I think the draw is too good to be true for Liang. The first round is bye, QF against a Chinese and SF 50% against Chinese and 50% against some foreigners ranking lower than him. Then he will reach the final. Hope he grab the chance.

16 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

To be honest, the draw itself suggests something has been done by China Federation. I think the draw is too good to be true for Liang. The first round is bye, QF against a Chinese and SF 50% against Chinese and 50% against some foreigners ranking lower than him. Then he will reach the final. Hope he grab the chance.

It wasn't a blind draw, it was based on seedings, but of course we had the rankings, so the draw was predictable for the organizers since they had the full list of participants. maybe Chinese federation added 1 or 2 more athletes to the list to make the draw "better" for Liang but that's it.

Liang is getting a bye in the first round because he is the 2nd seed. the draw is good for him because everybody else withdrew. I'm quite sure Chinese federation had nothing to do with Jang Jun, Kim Tae-hun, Hadipour, Tortosa, Vito, Artamanov and Popov withdrawal ! even Woolley himself  !

this is really funny, this tournament was crucial for Woolley, how the hell he didn't participate !

this is the seeding procedure

#1 2018 Grand Slam Final Winner / Jang Jun DNP

#2 Manchester 2019 Champion (Heavier) / Jang Jun DNP

#3 Manchester 2019 Champion (Lighter) / Bae Jun-Seo ==> Seed 1

#4 2018 Grand Slam Final 2nd Place / Liang Yushuai ==> Seed 2

#5 2019 Grand Prix Final Winner (Moscow) / Vito Dell'Aquila DNP

#6 2019 Grand Prix Series 3 Winner (Sofia) / Jang Jun DNP

#7 2019 Grand Prix Series 2 Winner (Chiba) / Jang Jun DNP

#8 2019 Grand Prix Series 1 Winner (Roma) / Jang Jun DNP

#9 2019 Grand Slam Open Qualification 2 Winner / Lee Min-Yeong ==> Seed 3

#10 2019 Grand Slam Open Qualification 1 Winner / Liang Yushuai already seeded

from here, the rest are seeded based on their November rankings, even if Woolley was here, he could be seed 4 and on the top half but still he didn't know that, he had to participate.

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

It wasn't a blind draw, it was based on seedings, but of course we had the rankings, so the draw was predictable for the organizers since they had the full list of participants. maybe Chinese federation added 1 or 2 more athletes to the list to make the draw "better" for Liang but that's it.

Liang is getting a bye in the first round because he is the 2nd seed. the draw is good for him because everybody else withdrew. I'm quite sure Chinese federation had nothing to do with Jang Jun, Kim Tae-hun, Hadipour, Tortosa, Vito, Artamanov and Popov withdrawal ! even Woolley himself  !

this is really funny, this tournament was crucial for Woolley, how the hell he didn't participate !

this is the seeding procedure

#1 2018 Grand Slam Final Winner / Jang Jun DNP

#2 Manchester 2019 Champion (Heavier) / Jang Jun DNP

#3 Manchester 2019 Champion (Lighter) / Bae Jun-Seo ==> Seed 1

#4 2018 Grand Slam Final 2nd Place / Liang Yushuai ==> Seed 2

#5 2019 Grand Prix Final Winner (Moscow) / Vito Dell'Aquila DNP

#6 2019 Grand Prix Series 3 Winner (Sofia) / Jang Jun DNP

#7 2019 Grand Prix Series 2 Winner (Chiba) / Jang Jun DNP

#8 2019 Grand Prix Series 1 Winner (Roma) / Jang Jun DNP

#9 2019 Grand Slam Open Qualification 2 Winner / Lee Min-Yeong ==> Seed 3

#10 2019 Grand Slam Open Qualification 1 Winner / Liang Yushuai already seeded

from here, the rest are seeded based on their November rankings, even if Woolley was here, he could be seed 4 and on the top half but still he didn't know that, he had to participate.

The withdrawal of those qualified are quite understandable. But Woolley is quite confusing, maybe he thinks the Europe qualification event is more easy and confident for him while the qualification system of Grand Slam is random and energy-consuming. He still has a great chance to get the quota after all.