website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2026

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Quite possibly, but it must be said this is shocking behaviour from Victoria, and I would not be shocked if Victoria is on the hook for quite a lot of compensation to CGF.

CGF will, I suspect run back to Birmingham and Glasgow to see is there a way out of the mess - but this is actually worse than Durban, and second successive games were the host has had to pull the plug.

I can only see a country wide bid (England/UK or Canada) where every city hosts one or two events. Or they could even try a commonwealth wide event. 

Decent chance this will happen to an Olympics again at some point. 

Edited by Orangehair43

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Netball has no real interest in joining the Olympics, as evidenced by their complete lack of effort in developing the men’s game.

Not only a lack of effort but they've actively sabotaged it.

1 minute ago, Orangehair43 said:

Looking online I would not be shocked to see Brianne 2023 axed within a few years. 

Unfortunate news for all the Brianne’s born in 2023 :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

‘Since awarding Victoria the Games, the Government has made decisions to include more sports and an additional regional hub, and changed plans for venues, all of which have added considerable expense, often against the advice of the Commonwealth Games Federation and Commonwealth Games Australia," the CGF added in its statement.’

They sound fuming. 

Edited by Orangehair43

7 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

‘Since awarding Victoria the Games, the Government has made decisions to include more sports and an additional regional hub, and changed plans for venues, all of which have added considerable expense, often against the advice of the Commonwealth Games Federation and Commonwealth Games Australia," the CGF added in its statement.’

They sound fuming. 

Victoria could've hosted a budget games because they have all the needed venues but they instead decided to go forward with this regional fantasy.