website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2026

Totallympics

37 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I think there is a real chance the Commonwealth games are done for tbh.

Netball  be desperate to get into the Olympics if it is as the Commonwealth are the biggest tournament for it.

Edited by Orangehair43

39 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I think there is a real chance the Commonwealth games are done for tbh.

Quite possibly, but it must be said this is shocking behaviour from Victoria, and I would not be shocked if Victoria is on the hook for quite a lot of compensation to CGF.

CGF will, I suspect run back to Birmingham and Glasgow to see is there a way out of the mess - but this is actually worse than Durban, and second successive games were the host has had to pull the plug.

3 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Netball  be desperate to get into the Olympics if it is as the Commonwealth are the biggest tournament for it.

First they need to fix their gender problem. As far as I'm aware World Netball still refuses to sanction international netball for men.

2 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Quite possibly, but it must be said this is shocking behaviour from Victoria, and I would not be shocked if Victoria is on the hook for quite a lot of compensation to CGF.

CGF will, I suspect run back to Birmingham and Glasgow to see is there a way out of the mess - but this is actually worse than Durban, and second successive games were the host has had to pull the plug.

This is also in the context of 2018 (where there was, realistically, only one viable bid) and 2030 (where it is very difficult to find an interested bidder).

8 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Netball has no real interest in joining the Olympics, as evidenced by their complete lack of effort in developing the men’s game.

Edited by NearPup