website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC Olympic Games Qualifier 2019

Totallympics

Women's Qualification, Final Ranking (Top 8 advancing to Sunday's Final)

1. :JPN Ai Mori, 44 pts
2. :SLO Lucka Rakovec, 45 pts (Possible Olympic Quota)*
3. :SLO Mia Krampl, 120 pts (Possible Olympic Quota)*

4. :ITA Laura Rogora, 256 pts (Olympic Quota)
5. :JPN Futaba Ito, 392 pts
6. :FRA Julia Chanourdie, 420 pts (Olympic Quota)
7. :RUS Iuliia Kaplina, 441 pts (Olympic Quota)
8. :USA Kyra Condie, 528 pts (Olympic Quota)

---
9. :CHN Song Yiling, 760 pts (Olympic Quota)

10. :FRA Fanny Gibert, 845 pts

* :SLO Slovenia mathematically won 1 Quota Place: Rakovec and Krampl will have to fight for that on Sunday's Final...

only 1 of them will be able to earn a ticket for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, as Janja Garnbret has already taken the first available spot for Slovenia at the last World Championships earlier this year)...

I can’t believe that one (or both) of Gibert or Lettner will miss the Olympics :yikes:. I had Gibert down as a serious contender. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is there any Tripartite nation on the whole climbing circuit though? Seems to me there will be reallocations.

no, there are not...

reallocations? yeah, almost surely...

and not only the tripartite places, but also the African spot among the women (and maybe the men's too, even if there's a South African climber in the top 70 of the IFSC combined world ranking...but with RSA's participation policy we should start thinking they won't accept any invitation for such a low level athlete)...

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is there any Tripartite nation on the whole climbing circuit though? Seems to me there will be reallocations.

I believe @JoshMartini007 said there wasn’t. I also remember something vaguely about a :PAK climber in the men’s side.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe @JoshMartini007 said there wasn’t. I also remember something vaguely about a :PAK climber in the men’s side.

Basically there's a rule that to get a tripartite quota in sport climbing the athlete must have competed at the world championships. Since no one did the quotas will most likely be reallocated (or there will be a rule change).

17 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Basically there's a rule that to get a tripartite quota in sport climbing the athlete must have competed at the world championships. Since no one did the quotas will most likely be reallocated (or there will be a rule change).

the ruled has been amended...it says they have to participate at the world champs or at the continental champs 2020 (or the world qualification tournament, but as this is an extension of the world champs/world cup in terms of invited climbers I don't count it)...

so, nobody is still out of chances, even if it's unlikely that any new Nation in that group will show up in the next continental champs next year)...

41 minutes ago, phelps said:

the ruled has been amended...it says they have to participate at the world champs or at the continental champs 2020

source? Qualification document updated on 22 November still says that they must participate in the WCH.

Edited by Dunadan