10. :CHN  116 pts

11. :JPN  114 pts

12. :ROU  99 pts

13. :GEO  98 pts

14. :ESP  89 pts

15. :TUR  83 pts

16. :TUN  76 pts

17. :UKR  76 pts

if France fails to qualify 1 or 2 teams (men's saber and men's epee , it can recover them on host country quotas?

4 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

if France fails to qualify 1 or 2 teams (men's saber and men's epee , it can recover them on host country quotas?

Yes, they can. As long as you qualify at the least 4 teams, you can invite two more and have the full squad in Paris. 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Yes, they can. As long as you qualify at the least 4 teams, you can invite two more and have the full squad in Paris. 

THANKS; because I am not serene for these 2 weapons, my big disappointment is the epee me'ns ! there are 3 world cups left?

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

This situation with Greece should inspire the people in charge to make new qualification rules for fencing. It makes no sense whatsoever that we won't have one of the top fencers in the world in Paris just because Greece doesn't have a good enough third fencer. It's cruel, this isn't judo or wrestling where every NOC only gets one place. 

I don't think a rule should be changed because of an exception.

Having said that I could see a place for a country with 1 individual quota on the rankings trying a 2nd quota on the OQT.

Olympic Games always try to have more countries involved and not necessarily having the best from the best.

And as a Brazilian I still hate FIE for just giving 1 quota for the Americas and 2 for Asia hahaha perhaps could be 6 quotas overall from 4 continents. or 2 from each continent.

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

This situation with Greece should inspire the people in charge to make new qualification rules for fencing. It makes no sense whatsoever that we won't have one of the top fencers in the world in Paris just because Greece doesn't have a good enough third fencer. It's cruel, this isn't judo or wrestling where every NOC only gets one place. 

This is a great example. It's absurd, that the individual events are 60% dependent on the team event, with another 30% being geo-locked..

The whole qualification system is geared to the same few powerhouse countries. Italy, Russia, France, United States, Japan, Korea or China always have 50% of the quotas. Yeah, it's most likely because of the IOC's policy of "fewer" athletes, but this way it just kills the flame in smaller nations to actively try to break through in this sport. 

And the team events having only 8 teams is a different story.. Ski-jumping and Nordic Combined are chastised for their team events, but fencing even gets encouraged by the IOC, even though they are with same... 8 teams

29 minutes ago, Mateus Nagime said:

And now Greece appears to have found a 3rd good athlete, let's see if they could jump on the team rankings.

no, they don't have a 3rd good fencer, unfortunately

even with 2 among the best (and even in a "poor" weapon like women's sabre), it's impossible to make the top 8 on regular basis with a 3rd member like Greece's 3rd

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Lefort is clearly one of the most unsportsmanlike athletes of recent years

it's not only Lefort

there are quite a few fencers that try too often to cover their target illegally

refs should be stricter in enforcing the rules about that