website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

George_D

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that this is the surprise of the week :woot: Vamos Czechia! 

Thanks a lot!!! It was a huge upset. I could not watch because the game started 4:00 a.m. in my time zone. Just finished watching highlights. Incredible game!!! So happy and excited. Let's see about the final with :GRE

24 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

What a performance! So proud of our boys!

Even when we were down early in the first half I still had hope we would come back and win.

I thought I was going to wake up my neighbors with my screaming but it sounded like they were watching too.

Now we must not underestimate the Czechs. Another tricky opponent but I'd much rather face them than be playing against Canada again. We can do it. To see our team FINALLY go back to the Olympics for the first time since 2008. Please it would be my dream.

2012 was a shocking embarrassing non qualification out of nowhere, then 2016 another big disappointment. Now this time when we least expected it, could this be the time that we finally end our streak of non qualifications and go back to the Games?!

Well, our players are fighting for first Olympic appearance since 1980 ??. Com'on :CZE ?????

so it will be Greece or Czech Republic. one of them will have the honor of playing our team in the opening game of men's basketball in Tokyo :d

btw congrats to both teams. two great games. really enjoyed watching both games. that was a great night of basketball. most people were expecting Canada-Turkey in the final but once again most people were wrong :d

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Well, our players are fighting for first Olympic appearance since 1980 ??. Com'on :CZE?????

Haha fair point but our team is expected to do well because basketball is a huge sport in Greece and our national team has a lot of history.

You are right that for many players this is the biggest game of their careers. With the exception of Mitoglou, Sloukas, Calathes and Papagiannis, most of our players don't normally play for the national team. So for them it is a really big deal because if we weren't missing so many important players this year, they wouldn't even be here. So they might never get this chance again even some of the younger ones.

If we do qualify I think we might see a few changes depending on if some of our injured players recover in time. Surely Thanasis Antetokounmpo will join the team once his NBA season ends, and for his brother it depends on his injury situation.

1 minute ago, Makedonas said:

Haha fair point but our team is expected to do well because basketball is a huge sport in Greece and our national team has a lot of history.

You are right that for many players this is the biggest game of their careers. With the exception of Mitoglou, Sloukas, Calathes and Papagiannis, most of our players don't normally play for the national team. So for them it is a really big deal because if we weren't missing so many important players this year, they wouldn't even be here. So they might never get this chance again even some of the younger ones.

If we do qualify I think we might see a few changes depending on if some of our injured players recover in time. Surely Thanasis Antetokounmpo will join the team once his NBA season ends, and for his brother it depends on his injury situation.

Yeah, I am sure about this. Basketball is huge your country. It is not small sport in Czech but probably Top 5 or 6. Anyways, a lot of people have faith on our current basketball team. Satoranský is a great team leader. And after 6th place at last WCH, we definitely deserve to be at the Olympics. But it does not mean that :GRE does not deserve. But only one spot. Looking forrward to this great match and see how it goes. I wish so much to Czech players to write another nice piece of Olympic history?

34 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Thanks a lot!!! It was a huge upset. I could not watch because the game started 4:00 a.m. in my time zone. Just finished watching highlights. Incredible game!!! So happy and excited. Let's see about the final with :GRE

I must’ve had two heart attacks. Incredible how the Czechs collapsed in the last minute and then bounced back. All the momentum should’ve been with Canada but they overcame!

33 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

So how do you see the final? This will one of the biggest matches in the entire career for most of the players in both teams. 

We both had tough games today. I think the team that will have the most strengths is going to win