website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Predictions Road to Paris 2024

17 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Finally found a website where you can see for free Gracenote's VMT with details of all countries:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/jeux-olympiques/tableau-des-medailles/

Always kind of funny to see how they base it on certain events without taking realistic situations into account :p 

I mean, really, putting Anouk Vetter on gold in the heptathlon? I'd find it awesome, but how is she in any way their favourite and is Nafi Thiam literally not even mentioned in the heptathlon podium at all? :d 

I'm sure there are many more examples like this where for example they look at events that are just not representative at all. For example I can imagine if in road cycling the world championships race is a sprint race and the Olympic road race is a mountain race, they'd still take the same podium :d 

Definitely interesting to read through though, glad that finally it's possible to see the full version somewhere!

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 medals via Gracenote "experts" ?  Okay. I´m for. Where can I sign ? :lol:

image.png

Even if Tajmuraz winning silver would be a bit frustrating though... I mean a medal here would be fantastic, oh my god ! That´s all I wish for christmas, but if he have to make the gold medal match like they predict, then I genuinly hope he´ll not lost it :p

Edited by hckošice

Also they predict to :CZE in Canoe Slalom M K1 only a bronze (and even for Vit Prindis, who will not be there at all) :lol: Not sure the predictors heard by any chance the name of Jiří Prskavec though, but if not, then they will certainly learn it in Paris when he´ll receive the gold :p

Apparently GBR are going to win only a single medal in artistic gymnastics.

That medal will come from the unselected, and injured Jessica Gadirova.

They will, however, have an unprecedented domination of the rowing - 6 golds, no other medals.

3 swimming medals including no golds - Mens 4 x 2 only getting silver, and no medal, at all for Peaty.

GBR are, however, going to claim a silver in the mixed skeet, which given they aren't qualified for it, is very encouraging.

Yeah, I think there's a good reason Gracenote don't tend to release this detail earlier or wholescale.

I was always aware their 'predictions' were pretty lame, though good fun. What i never realised is just how limited their research and algorithms were. We could all do this in about an hour, indeed Totallympics do (collating world champs medals in each event) and probably do better by simply checking the startlists on top.

How much did this stuff cost to buy a few weeks back?

27 minutes ago, Faramir said:

They even have 8 Chinese podiums in weightlifting. We know since when the qualification system was made public (I think 2022) that the max. number of lifters per country is 6. 

Ever get the feeling the 'research and analysis' on this product at gracenote is pretty much non-existant?

8 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Dont spoil results like that ....i hope all your predicted medalists will fail 

And all....2 of yours.

Well, we don't really need to worry about Sedjati, WADA will no doubt take care of him soon enough.

2 hours ago, Faramir said:

Finally found a website where you can see for free Gracenote's VMT with details of all countries:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/jeux-olympiques/tableau-des-medailles/

3 golds for Brazil in Gymnastics? :yikes:I think Gracenote forgot about Simone Biles.

Only one medal in Boxing and none in Judo? It should be a historic disaster for Brazil if our two main sports together brought just 1 medal.

28 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Ever get the feeling the 'research and analysis' on this product at gracenote is pretty much non-existant?

Analysis is clearly non-existant.

Research must be searching for WCh results and top lists/rankings and combining them together in a standing without bothering to check anything, then adding points to the French as boost for the home nation.