website statistics

Rowing WR European Championships 2023

Totallympics

The Dutch federation will not be happy with the results of the Dutch boats. They have gone all out to win more gold instead of all the silver and bronze medals of the past. If you disregard the single scull, they failed to do that. Only silver and bronze and almost no connection with the gold.

Fortunately, we won two gold medals in the single scull. Florijn was expected, but Van Lierop winning was completely unexpected.

Anyway, I think the Netherlands did well with 10 medals in Olympic classes. While we competed in 11 of the 14 classes. I expect and hope very much that most boats will be reconstituted and that the women of the W2x and W2- eventually end up in the W4x and W4- again. Especially if the Romanian twos become even stronger.

So we ended with 4 medals, just like last year, except this time no gold.

Once again Ntouskos beats Zeidler but only gets silver because once again, a Dutch rower surprises everyone to win gold :d

Anastasiadou with another silver, this time in LW1X instead of W1X. Still very good for her to already have two European Championships medals and she's only 21 yo.

Our issue is that we have 3 good women's lightweight rowers and only two of them can compete in an Olympic event, so Anastasiadou will probably be in the single scull for Paris. It's an interesting decision, but so far it doesn't seem too unreasonable given how well they've all done.

We had 10 rowers in London, then 10 in Rio and only 4 in Tokyo. The way things are trending I think we will be going back to having 10 (or more) rowers in Paris :yes

One medal for :POL at European Championships is big disappointed for us, I think. It are much worse results than in previous years as most of boats was in final b or c or even lower. Maybe its cause that most of rowers in each boat are new, but lets see if we will improve and take few Olympic quotas at World Championships later this year.