website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Individual federations and Olympic committees often have different view points

Posters can talk however sarcastically they like but surely they realise that politicians will be getting involved for the Olympic discussion while they probably have no idea what judo is, never mind whether their national federation is attending the world championships 

Wouldn't IJF have live streams on their YouTube channel? Nothing in the Netherlands shows it, so it shouldn't be geoblocked, but their channel seems...empty.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ah, €25 for IJF Premium for the world championships only....yeah no thanks.

Edit: Eurosport has the rights as well:hyper:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After Day 1 of the World Champs no major changes in terms of Olympic qualification ranking.

A quick run of the numbers suggest that in the men's 60Kg division, Turkmenistan's Hakberdi Jumayev should move up into the top 17 and knocks Angelo Pantano of Italy out of automatic qualification - by just a single point. 

In the women's 48Kg Brazil's Amanda Lima moves into a qualifying spot and dislodges South Africa's Geronay Whiteboi. Additionally, Shirine Boukli replaces Blandine Pont as the highest ranked French athlete.

Today also saw the first of the IJF's "neutral" athletes competing. Russia's Sabina Giliazova came, fought and lost in her first bout. 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

no way, I'm sure you are lying, there is not a single day that I don't read something in ITG.biz about someone threatening to boycott/cancel something. everybody and its dog talked about boycotting the Olympics in Poland. or in Latvia they banned people from walking the same streets as Russians. the same goes to Estonia . I'm sure they all boycotted this event, specially UK (true loyal friend of Ukraine) it wasn't just cheap talk and propaganda. propaganda only exists in non-democratic countries like ours, these are fully democratic countries where everybody is totally honest.

naaa...it's only our obsessed friend with the orange hair...;) :p

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Wouldn't IJF have live streams on their YouTube channel? Nothing in the Netherlands shows it, so it shouldn't be geoblocked, but their channel seems...empty.

no, now the streams are on JudoTV (directly connected with their website).

you have to be registered to the ijf website to have access to their live coverage (ondemand service is behind the paywall, you have to buy a not so cheap subscription).

for you (in the Netherlands, I mean) it should work the Eurosport player/Discovery+ app, where you have one of the 2 mats for the preliminaries (live and ondemand, no commentary) and the final block (with Spanish, German and maybe French commentary, but I haven't checked by myself, as in Italy we have the coverage of the final block on our tv -sky Italia).

46 minutes ago, phelps said:

you have to be registered to the ijf website to have access to their live coverage (ondemand service is behind the paywall, you have to buy a not so cheap subscription).

sooo Judo is not free anymore ? IJF thinks it had done enough to promote the sport and now it's time to cash in ?

Thanks to US sanctions against everything and everybody here, I can't pay for anything international even if I wanted too. but there is a Tajik sport TV obsessed with this sport. I know what channel to watch if I want to see some Judo. 

8 hours ago, phelps said:

for you (in the Netherlands, I mean) it should work the Eurosport player/Discovery+ app, where you have one of the 2 mats for the preliminaries (live and ondemand, no commentary) and the final block (with Spanish, German and maybe French commentary, but I haven't checked by myself, as in Italy we have the coverage of the final block on our tv -sky Italia).

Yep, so that's fine, easy to avoid spoilers when it's on the Eurosport channels and their desktop player is excellent :cheer: (unlike their app, whereas the Eurosport Player app was great, the new Eurosport app has an awful player)

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

sooo Judo is not free anymore ? IJF thinks it had done enough to promote the sport and now it's time to cash in ?

I wonder if that actually works for them, since judo still sounds like a relatively niche sport...at least not like a massively bigger sport than say 5-10 years ago. Are that many people really going to pay €100 a year to watch judo?

Edited by heywoodu