website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2036 Bid Process

hckošice

Budapest 2036 would be the best option for me. It would be very close, less expensive than other places for me and Poland wouldn’t have to pay for it.

but ofc Warsaw 2036 would be my dreams come true. But this is obviously just pre-elections promises. One of the most important elections since 1989 here in two weeks time.

India 2036 is still favourite imho and deservedly so

I think Warsaw 2044 would be the best option. 100 years after Warsaw Uprising.

But if you make olympic anmouncements in the middle of the elections campaign, you split the nation in half on this topic too

if there is an olympic referendum in Warsaw these days people would say no

and i wonder if Okęcie AirPort still exists in 2044 so close to the city centre. These areas could work well for olympic village and olympic park with the most important venues all close to each other

i am not sure if this Okęcie olympic project is good though because i feel many people would earn dirty money on this

well, see you in India 2036 anyway

Edited by rafalgorka

There have never been 3 straight non-European Olympics, Summer or Winter, in history. India could wait to 2040, or 2044, if a viable African bid appears for 40.

Hungary 2036 is a superb idea and if the athletics (and swimming )Worlds were test events, Hungarians passed it with flying colours. 

Poland on the other hand, though also interesting on paper as a country, if the total catastrophy of the European Games is an indication, then better not.

India can host when they start less polluting the planet in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

India can host when they start less polluting the planet in my opinion.

What kind of ignorant statement is that ? 
If you want to put across a statement make sure you have the required facts to support it! 
I don’t normally reply to provocative comments but I must educate you on pollution/ emissions so that you don't end up making another foolish statement! 

1 . If you take pollution per capita Bulgaria emits 6.18 MT/ capita as compared to  India which emits 1.93 MT Perhaps you should look closer to home ! 

2. If going by your logic of Olympics hosts & pollution perhaps you should have raised your voice when Beijing was awarded the 2008 games or maybe you must start your protest now to prevent LA from hosting the 2028 games as both China & USA pollutes our world more than India. 
Just read up, you will get all these datas   easily available.  

Cape Town 2040 would be grat for me as well. The same timezone, easy to follow.

Yep, European Games was bad (from what i've seen on tv), Athletics WCH in Budapest were simply great (from a fan's perspective, been there, an awesome experience)

Budapest olympics with different political situation there and all across Central Europe - well... i would love it

Edited by rafalgorka

1 hour ago, Roamingrover86 said:

What kind of ignorant statement is that ? 
If you want to put across a statement make sure you have the required facts to support it! 
I don’t normally reply to provocative comments but I must educate you on pollution/ emissions so that you don't end up making another foolish statement! 

1 . If you take pollution per capita Bulgaria emits 6.18 MT/ capita as compared to  India which emits 1.93 MT Perhaps you should look closer to home ! 

2. If going by your logic of Olympics hosts & pollution perhaps you should have raised your voice when Beijing was awarded the 2008 games or maybe you must start your protest now to prevent LA from hosting the 2028 games as both China & USA pollutes our world more than India. 
Just read up, you will get all these datas   easily available.  

Oh please, don't act as offended. Per capita data is useless, only total number of emissions are what matter in the big picture. Everyone knows what the air looks like in India. It's like night and day if you compare it to Bulgaria, or Europe as a whole.

Sure, taking measures for 2 billion people is a very hard task, but i haven't seen any instances or talks of the Indian Government trying to tackle the carbon footprint and the huge number of emissions going to the atmosphere. 

And yes China should have never gotten the 2022 Olympics, i have made that opinion years ago. 2008 is a different story as climate change wasn't as evident, or known to the general population then, let alone the time they were awarded the Games. And even then, there were huge debates on the air situation in Beijing and the health of the athletes.

I actually like India, in contrast to what you may believe. But i don't think, as a country you are ready to host the Olympics currently. If there is a plan for the next 10 years to change the course and make steps for a more clean future, then 2040-44 is a great opportunity.

• 3 months later...

Personally, if it was me choosing, I’d want Santiago as the host for the 2036 Olympics. They did a really great job at hosting the Pan Am Games this year. Other than that, Seoul/Budapest/Nusantara would probably be my next three choices. I do think it will probably go to a European nation though, three non-European Olympics in a row sounds unlikely, although it certainly is possible. Regarding India, I don’t think they’re ready to host the Olympics yet (but that doesn’t mean they won’t be ready in 2040/2044)

I've long held the view that there should be a transparent objective system to make these usually contentious decisions.

I would grant the Games to the country which has won the most medals since last hosting

(guess this would be Germany or Hungary but I haven't checked)

And by "grant" I mean that they have first refusal rights.

Maybe this means some regions would never host so I would allow nations to effectively "donate" medals to another country so that  for instance ,there could be an African Games if that was widely approved of.

No country deserves the Games just because they claim "it's our turn" when it really isn't 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Personally, if it was me choosing, I’d want Santiago as the host for the 2036 Olympics. They did a really great job at hosting the Pan Am Games this year. Other than that, Seoul/Budapest/Nusantara would probably be my next three choices. I do think it will probably go to a European nation though, three non-European Olympics in a row sounds unlikely, although it certainly is possible. Regarding India, I don’t think they’re ready to host the Olympics yet (but that doesn’t mean they won’t be ready in 2040/2044)

I really want Budapest to win. Korea might have the money but I don't think the people are really interested with the Games.

Nusantara is just an ambitious project in the middle of jungle and participation of Israel will be a thorn in the flesh.

Edited by Griff88

1 hour ago, Josh said:

The Pan American Games were probably just about the perfect size event for Santiago, and those were not held without hiccups. I agree they did a nice job, but I don't think the city can handle an undertaking as strenuous as the Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela