website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2019

hckošice

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

in the men's -67kg class we have the snatch gold and the total silver medals coming from group B (both won by the Chinese Feng Lyudong) :facepalm:

how the hell you put a Chinese lifter in group B? :wall:

I was wondering the same thing. I guess this was a little tactical. He was not in a good health shape. Had some small injuries and did not train fully. So he signed up lower base. That is why they put him to the B-Group. 

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I was wondering the same thing. I guess this was a little tactical. He was not in a good health shape. Had some small injuries and did not train fully. So he signed up lower base. That is why they put him to the B-Group. 

I know what they did...but still I find it unfair and totally anti-climatic from the fans' point of view...

I hope one day they find a way to end this competition format and replace it with one where all the lifters fighting for the medals are together in a single session (something like having a qualification round and a final...I know it's very complicated in a sport like this, but somehow they have to improve and make it more fan friendly)...

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

I know what they did...but still I find it unfair and totally anti-climatic from the fans' point of view...

I hope one day they find a way to end this competition format and replace it with one where all the lifters fighting for the medals are together in a single session (something like having a qualification round and a final...I know it's very complicated in a sport like this, but somehow they have to improve and make it more fan friendly)...

Just cut the quotas like they did at the Olympics, it eliminated the need for a B session :p

Just now, NearPup said:

Just cut the quotas like they did at the Olympics, it eliminated the need for a B session :p

at that point it won't be so interesting anymore...we can't cut the number of competitors at all the global events...it would make them boring (with only the usual suspects at the start)...

12 hours ago, phelps said:

Well, in my opinion format of 3 attempts sucks. Look at athletic technical disciplines. 

Why weighlifters could not begin with some kinda weight and have for example 2 attempts on each? If u feel yourself starting with heavier, just start where u want. I think that similar format at athletic technical disciplines would be more fair and more attractive to spectators. 

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Well, in my opinion format of 3 attempts sucks. Look at athletic technical disciplines. 

Why weighlifters could not begin with some kinda weight and have for example 2 attempts on each? If u feel yourself starting with heavier, just start where u want. I think that similar format at athletic technical disciplines would be more fair and more attractive to spectators. 

ops...no, the posts above are in the wrong thread...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps