website statistics

Archery WAA Asian Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 7 months later...

I'm a bit confused here, Asian Championship (which is also an Olympic qualifier) is a different event than the Asian OQT ? :wacko::d the Asian OQT will be held right after this one

Asian Champs is about the team quota

and Asian OQT is about the individual quota 

so what if South Korea wins the gold in men's team recurve (which they will anyway) the Asian quota will go the next best team or will be reallocated to the final OQT ?

What if South Korea wins a women’s team quota, will their mixed team quota won in the recent hangzhou asian games go to 4th placer Iran? Since silver medallist Japan and bronze medallist Indonesia already earned their individual quotas

On 11/5/2023 at 7:58 PM, MHSN said:

Asian Champs is about the team quota

and Asian OQT is about the individual quota 

So there will be a separate ranking and elimination round for NOCs without individual and team quotas?

51 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

No separate ranking round but the elimination round shall be different

I think there will be a separate ranking round as well. At least that was my understanding when i checked the schedule 

1 hour ago, Tigercub said:

What if South Korea wins a women’s team quota, will their mixed team quota won in the recent hangzhou asian games go to 4th placer Iran? Since silver medallist Japan and bronze medallist Indonesia already earned their individual quotas

I wish 😁 but im afraid not

That will be reallocated to the final OQT

On 11/5/2023 at 5:28 PM, MHSN said:

so what if South Korea wins the gold in men's team recurve (which they will anyway) the Asian quota will go the next best team or will be reallocated to the final OQT ?

The Asian Quota will go to the next team in that scenario. Most likely reaching the final will guarantee a team quota . 

Down to the last 4 in Men’s Recurve Team

:KOR vs :INA 

:TPE vs :KAZ

Big upset win by Kazakhstan, I think the winner between Chinese Taipei and Kazakhstan will get the team quota, though Indonesia might prove me wrong 😉