website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

Apparently :LBN has selected Noureddine Hadid as a flag bearer, but he is now currently under arrest for deserting the army :wacko:

https://www.cnews.fr/sport/2024-07-14/jo-2024-pourquoi-le-porte-drapeau-du-liban-t-il-ete-emprisonne-1527286

Details, details :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If i was a Japanese athlete, i'd be embarrassed that they have chosen a boy from Breaking, given Japan's rich sporting success :facepalm: But heck, they had Osaka light the fire in 2021, so we already knew their committee aren't the brightest people.  

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

If i was a Japanese athlete, i'd be embarrassed that they have chosen a boy from Breaking, given Japan's rich sporting success :facepalm: But heck, they had Osaka light the fire in 2021, so we already knew their committee aren't the brightest people.  

If there's a breaking athlete (ok....B-boy or B-girl....) carrying the flag of any country, please let them at least make it cool by doing some sweet moves with the flag :p

I know, not gonna happen, but at least that'd be fun.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

What’s wrong with Osaka lighting the Olympic flame in Tokyo? :d

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

a very big complainer''wah wah the media hates me,i can't handle booing'' typical spoiled athlete.

30 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

To be fair Narai can be said as a minor level celebrity, he appears in a few Japanese TV commercials which I don't think other athletes in breaking have the same level of recognition among the common folks

Edited by Griff88

54 minutes ago, Josh said:

Japan, with it's sporting legacy and Osaka was the most deserving living athlete they could get? Like there isn't an abundance of legendary athletes, that are much more intertwined with their culture and history, that should have this honor... 

This of course, If you'd ignore everything about her persona and her being Japanese only on paper. But they got their Hollywood moment, which just added another bullet point on why  Tokyo were the worst Olympics of the last 40 years.