website statistics

Darts Discussion Thread

heywoodu

47 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

The story of this 16 year old Luke Littler is something else. Though, if you look at his stature, you wouldn't guess he is 16 :d. His run doesn't seem to end and is now leading Cross in the 1/2.

Just beat him. And beat him well.

I recall the Bristow Deller final, though this feels more like Boris Becker's first charge at Wimbledon.

12 hours ago, Federer91 said:

The story of this 16 year old Luke Littler is something else. Though, if you look at his stature, you wouldn't guess he is 16 :d. His run doesn't seem to end and is now leading Cross in the 1/2.

Littler is by far the oldest 16 year old I've ever seen in sports outside of athletics :d

Be that as it may though, the way he is playing is absolutely phenomenal. Whether he's 16 or 46, the level of play he has shown from his very first match to yesterday's semi is something else entirely. Especially in his own legs he is just nearly unbeatable....he hit an average of 123 points per turn in his own legs against Van Barneveld and even the ever so negative Van Barneveld had to admit that there's just nothing you can do against that. If your opponent plays like that, you need to hit multiple nine-dart finishes just to be able to take one or two of his sets (and then hold on for dear life in your own sets).

Then again, Humphries was sensationally good as well yesterday, after a bit of a rough start in the tournament he seems to have hit his stride. Of course it always remains to be seen what the pressure of a final does to both, but Humphries has been in major finals before and Littler has clearly shown he doesn't give two shits about the pressure so far, so....at least potentially it could be a sensational final tonight :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

He will do all right in his career as long as he does not seek career advice from Emma Raducanu.  :roflmao:

Cruel. fair, but cruel.

Look, Raducanu was much like Tao Geogaghan Hart's giro win, a perfect storm partially caused by COVID. (and for the record, Tao, I think is much closer to the elite bracket generally than Emma). She's obviously a good player, her initial Wimbledon run showed that, but her actual GS win was, to a large extent, a fluke of timing - she coped much better with the oddness of that, period and should have been enjoyed as such without assuming reality wouldn't intervene.

FWIW, Littler appears to have been a recognised prodigy for some time now, and the numbers he's hitting are not astonishing for a 16 yo. They're just astonishing full stop. We may be about to hit a golden period for Darts, and if we could only find a couple of international players from North America to inherit the John Part legacy, the sport will be in as good a place, internationally, as its ever been.

Darts, as a sport, is built imho for Las Vegas...

On 1/4/2024 at 9:38 AM, Grassmarket said:

He will do all right in his career as long as he does not seek career advice from Emma Raducanu.  :roflmao:

Gary Anderson had some true words but I presume the media will dissect Littler's life (especially him dating a 21 year old woman) and throw him to the bin when they get bored of his story :coffee:

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Gary Anderson had some true words but I presume the media will dissect Littler's life (especially him dating a 21 year old woman) and throw him to the bin when they get bored of his story :coffee:

Oh he already has gotten comments on his girlfriend, but he seems to be handling them really well. 

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1742917481214472637.

Although the interview done with her mum is hilarious to say the least. 

https://www.sportbible.com/other/luke-littler-girlfriend-world-darts-championship-723102-20240103#:~:text=Her mum Amanda Milburn%2C however,them getting married one day.

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Didn’t know darts was popular on this forum :p

It is by the evidence of 80 pages and other threads for the big events of past years. :d But almost no one comments in the last 1-2 years. I myself haven't been watching as much as 4-5-7 years ago, but still follow all results and watch whenever i can.

Presume people prioritise other stuff to watch as well. Also some of the decisions the PDC have made lately have hindered some of my interests. That and because it's not been on regular TV here in years.