website statistics

Shooting ESC Shotgun European Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

According to @Adriano the rules have changed since Tokyo and Italy can still get that quota via rankings.

And that's true. Here's the qualification document, and it says that everyone can gain the quota place through the World ranking, providing that a.) they aren't already qualified in any event and b.) the federation hasn't achieved more than one quota place in the respective event: Paris 2024: Qualification System is on the ISSF website - Asian Shooting Confederation (asia-shooting.org)

Edited by EselTheDonkey

2 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Great to see Chalkiadakis get a gold medal for us, usually it's either Mitas or Mavrommatis doing something in the men's skeet, so this is a nice surprise! I wonder how the selection will go, as Mitas is world champion and Chalkiadakis is European champion, it will be hard to remove them so Mavrommatis or Gkogkolakis can compete.

Now we have qualified 5 shooters for Paris, a big success considering we only had 2 in Tokyo. Of course there is still a chance to add 1-2 more, maybe Chatzitsakiroglou can do it here as well :fingers:

After we won so many medals at the World Championships this year, and now this, my only fear is that we won't be able to replicate this in Paris :cry:

According to Olympedia, Greece hasn't had 5+ shooters in one Olympics since 1984 (excluding 2004 for obvious reasons). A great achievement.

#banbestmen

mixed Team Skeet

Gold: :GBR Great Britain 1 (Amber Jo Rutter & Ben Llewellin)

Silver: :CZE Czechia 1 (Martina Kucerova & Tomas Nydrle)

Bronze: :ITA Italy 2 (Diana Bacosi & Tammaro Cassandro)

Bronze Medal match

Italy b. Ukraine  42-41

Gold Medal match

Great Britain b. Czechia  42-41

Full Result of the Qualification Round

https://results.sius.com/DownloadFile.aspx?Championship=1305969c-ecd8-4e4c-b2ec-6d5327d1d2ee&FileName=Shotgun/SKMT/3_QUAL/Q200000TA1209230830.1.SKMT.0.001.pdf

1 hour ago, phelps said:

mixed Team Skeet

Gold: :GBR Great Britain 1 (Amber Jo Rutter & Ben Llewellin)

Given Llewelin's crap individual performance yesterday, that is a depressing result. :facepalm:

Edited by Rafa Maciel

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Given Llewelin's crap individual performance yesterday, that is a depressing result. :facepalm:

GB now world and European champions in this event and yet not currently qualified for the OG as no male shooter has won a quota yet.

15 hours ago, dcro said:

According to Olympedia, Greece hasn't had 5+ shooters in one Olympics since 1984 (excluding 2004 for obvious reasons). A great achievement.

I was wondering about that but too lazy to research myself, so thanks for that info!

While we have regressed in many sports in recent years, shooting is one of the few where we have actually improved a lot, so I'm glad we are seeing the results of this. Still hoping to get 1-2 more quotas. My prediction from last year was that we would have 3-7 shooters in Paris, so it's looking good.

women's Team Skeet

Gold: :ITA Italy

Silver: :SVK Slovakia

Bronze: :GBR Great Britain

Bronze Medal match

Great Britain b. Czechia  6-0

Gold Medal match

Italy b. Slovakia  6-0

https://results.sius.com/DownloadFile.aspx?Championship=1305969c-ecd8-4e4c-b2ec-6d5327d1d2ee&FileName=Shotgun/SKTEAMW/3_QUAL/Q000000TA1309230800.1.SKTEAMW.0.001.pdf

men's Team Skeet

Gold: :ITA Italy

Silver: :CZE Czechia

Bronze: :GER Germany

Bronze Medal match

Germany b. Great Britain  6-2

Gold Medal match

Italy b. Czechia  6-4

https://results.sius.com/DownloadFile.aspx?Championship=1305969c-ecd8-4e4c-b2ec-6d5327d1d2ee&FileName=Shotgun/SKTEAMM/3_QUAL/Q100000TA1309230800.1.SKTEAMM.0.001.pdf