website statistics

Rowing WR World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Disastrous championships for :FRA for the moment, with maybe only one boat that will get a quota.

For the moment, no plausible explanations from the federation. 

The two Lightweight boats were contenders for the podium, and here we are now with the men eliminated and the women in difficulty for the last quota in Final B. :cry:

24 minutes ago, Styrka said:

Disastrous championships for :FRA for the moment. 

Seems like we have been saying that across multiple sport events - track cycling, athletics and now rowing. It's getting increasingly difficult to see where the projected 31 gold medals are going to come from. 

5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Seems like we have been saying that across multiple sport events - track cycling, athletics and now rowing. It's getting increasingly difficult to see where the projected 31 gold medals are going to come from. 

actually I had 15 18 gold medals

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

actually I had 15 18 gold medals

Yeah - and I think that is more realistic  - but the Gracenote projection had France initially at 32 and this month at 31 which I can't see happening. Very frustrating that nobody has published their full breakdown to see what they were thinking. 

12 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Yeah - and I think that is more realistic  - but the Gracenote projection had France initially at 32 and this month at 31 which I can't see happening. Very frustrating that nobody has published their full breakdown to see what they were thinking. 

unless we raid fencing and judo. our president macron announced 80 medals! he is ridiculous

15 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Gracenotes numbers are always....unreflective of the actuality.

Disaster for Greece yet again :cry:

Our W2- finished 4th in their SF, which is sad, but they really SHOULD get a quota here. Nothing has indicated that they will finish last in Final B, so I'm not too concerned about them but you never know.

Our LW2X will probably have to try again next year, as it will be very difficult for them to win Final B especially from Lane 5.

In the end it looks like we will only qualify M1X and W2- from here, which is very disappointing as we were expecting to have 4-5 crews to qualify. LM2X and LW2X really let us down...