website statistics

Rowing WR World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

10 hours ago, Ogreman said:

It was a bad day for Greece and Belgium who had multiple projected qualifiers miss out on the semis.

Yes, really a bad day for us.

Not surprised about our W2X, they are a new combination and despite their U23/U19 individual successes, they are still only 20 yo and 18 yo and clearly too inexperienced for this level.

M2X is also not surprising given their form this year which is a shame because they were so good last year and relatively young. I know one of them was injured since then, so hopefully by next year they can get back to their 2022 form and still qualify for Paris.

The big disappointment for us was LM2X. This is a team that we thought could even win a medal so yeah, shocking. And they were less than one second away from winning their quarterfinal race but instead they finished 4th :facepalm:

Ntouskos won his heat and quarterfinal both pretty convincingly, so I definitely expect him to get the M1X quota. Also with 11 quotas for W2-, it would be a shock if our girls don't get it at this point.

Lastly we have LW2X. We really need our girls to do it so it is one less boat to worry about for next year. Plus we have a tradition lately of having teenage rowers qualify for the Olympics (19 yo Ntouskos and 19 yo Petrou in LM4- for Rio, 18 yo Asoumanaki in W2X for Rio as well, 18 yo Bourmpou and 18 yo Kyridou for W2- in Tokyo), so we need 17 yo Kontou to get the quota :d

13 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Can any of our Polish friends tell me what happened to Natan Wegrzycki-Szymczyk? He was so promising but I guess he gave up?

Yes, he gave up - has problem with our national federation, he did not want to make a crew with someone (double, four), it was hard for federation, because he wanted to be independent and more money for own preparation. Federation did not know when he was training and his start plan. 

Edited by Adriano