website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2023

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

damn, almost a :BRA double!

Definitely impressed with Stevenson Savart :HAI, hope he gets some support & sponsorship because he knows his stuff.

He already has quite some support if I'm not mistaken, a rather professional team he trains with back home in France :p (not sure if it's his team or he trains with the team, but I believe the Dutch commentator mentioned a fairly known French coach)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

No way this can confuse anyone

image.png

Good thing Polona Klemencic keeps it with biathlon.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, 212 FIS points for Bruna today. Not only did she qualify for the 10k (and now we're trying to see if she'll actually compete in it, her boss already said he'll help in paying for the longer stay), 212 is the best ever points result in a somewhat big international race for her :yikes:

She has dozens of South American races, both on snow and on rollerskis, with better points of course, but I'm not really counting those, and I'm not really counting the Balkan Cup races in Serbia of last winter neither, since the Balkan Cup is basically the points farming competition of the world :p 

So race one after nearly dying in a car crash, and it's arguably the best race of her career, wow.

Spoiler

This morning, when calling before the race, I literally said "it doesn't need to be your best race ever" :p 

Bruna's inspiring story was presented as well through our national broadcaster, I just heard it on our special podcast, dedicated to this WCH.

Anyway, time to wish all athletes the best, 100 ladies and 139 men will take part in today's Sprint, which is a bit less than two years ago in Oberstdorf, but still quite nice participation.

By the way, not expecting too much from Bruna today (neither is she). It's classic style, which she's normally pretty good at, but in classic you do need to kick your foot against the snow fairly strong to get the best grip your skis can offer, but exactly that - pushing down hard with the feet - is still a significant problem with the foot that was partially crushed last year. We'll see what happens, but yesterday she kept 29 women behind her and if she can do something similar today that would already be amazing. I'm hoping for 20 women or so behind her, so top-80 or so today :) 

And even much more than in freestyle, the preparation of the skis is absolutely crucial, so hopefully they're done good, but that's out of her control of course.

46 minutes ago, justony said:

Bruna's inspiring story was presented as well through our national broadcaster, I just heard it on our special podcast, dedicated to this WCH.

I wonder if Swedish media posted something about it somewhere. I can't find it, but yesterday out of nowhere two unknown (to us) Swedish names donated something on her crowdfunding page, so I wonder where they heard about it :d 

78th, I can confirm a very happy Bruna :d:cheer: