website statistics

World Games 2022

Totallympics

11 hours ago, thepharoah said:

oh i didn't think that it's been broadcasted on Olympic Channel , is this channel supposed to cover Olympic events :d

Olympic Channel coverage sucks big time!

basically, it's only powerlifting a few more events...

poor picture quality, only live broadcast (no chance of catch-up at all)...

add some technical issues and weather delays and I'm done, I already lost my (very little) interest in following this thing...just going to read the final results on the Italian websites (the official website is also something to be ashamed of)...:nopompom:

p.s. to be precise: I'm talking of the android TV app (I don't like watching sports/movies on my pc screen...I refuse to do it -it can only happen as a secondary option in particular cases)...

Team :SVK Day 1 Results

Friday 8th.

TARGET ARCHERY:

Compound Individual M

7. Jozef Bošanský

5th in the Qualifiers,

had a bye in the Round of 32,

in the Last 16 he beat Adrien Gontier :FRA  147:146

in the Quarterfinals he lost to Jean-Philipp Boulch :FRA  145:147

so finished in overall 7th place

WhatsApp%20Image%202022-07-08%20at%2019.

rare countries host events for sport very rare ...and this one is not an excrption :

The World Games 2022 Birmingham, which marks the 40th anniversary of the event, will take place from July 7-17, 2022 and will generate an estimated $256 million in economic impact

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Hoping for 2 medals today :p:popcorn:

Archery the only hope apart from snooker (which isn't pretty bright). 

Would have loved to see a repeat of world championships final between Jyothi and Lopez but nonetheless hope Jyothi can win a medal and maybe Abhishek add another. 

For what it’s worth, I was quite impressed by the :IND skaters yesterday.

The last time I saw skaters from India was at Jakarta-Palembang 2018. I remember them not being that competitive, but the two skaters here were competitive in their races. They were even mixing it up at the front.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

:ISV Lachapelle won the silver medal in women's middleweight powerlifting :hyper:

I wasn’t there to see it :cry:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ella Gibson beat Paige Pearce, 146-146 (9*-9), to face second seed :COL Sara Lopez in the final. Will be our first medal!

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Words cannot express how insanely hot and humid it is today. I have no idea how the athletes are managing to compete in this. 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

For what it’s worth, I was quite impressed by the :IND skaters yesterday.

The last time I saw skaters from India was at Jakarta-Palembang 2018. I remember them not being that competitive, but the two skaters here were competitive in their races. They were even mixing it up at the front.

We have a world junior championship medallist from 2021 who didn't qualify since he didn't participate in the senior event. And we had national championship for the first time last year so going good.