20:00 Archery Women's Recurve Qualification (Marked) - Byrony Ptiman

20:00 Powerlifting Men's Super Heavyweight Final - Tony Cliffe

21:00 Parkour Men's Freestyle Qualification - David Nelmes

01:00 Parkour Men's Freestyle Final - David Nelmes

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Kvesic :CRO gets disqualified by yuko count with one second to go in the match. Madani :USA takes a bronze to home crowd delight…

Kvesic wasn’t very happy about how that played out. There were some he clearly earned, but I didn’t see each one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Badawy :EGY wins the closest of matches. Tied 6-6, corner judges score the match 2-2, head official gives him the victory.

Personally, I thought :MAR had the better fight. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:EGY sent a recording of their national anthem that sends like it was recorded off a 1920s radio. The quality of the audio is comically bad, and we’ve got to experience it twice this evening :p

A couple of weather related delays and postponements this evening. Crazy day of weather. Insane heat in the morning, and torrential thunderstorms in the afternoon/evening.

Wroclaw 2017 also had some thunderstorm induced delays. The World Games may need to come with their own extreme weather warnings at this point :p 

8 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

How come they suddenly have a good team in powerlifting? Did the organizing committee make an error by placing them under Virgin Islands instead of US 😂 

I’d have to look into it. I started noticing their success around 2018/2019. I’m pretty certain they were given the right nationality.

Oh wow :d  our first 2 medals in day 2, that is something I would not have expected at all.

We have here only 12 athletes (The Standard Dancing pair had to withdraw after the lady sprained her ankle during training :() and they already won 2 medals haha (Still Chochlíková to come conquering the Sweet Alabama in Kickbox & Muay Thai :popcorn:)