website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, phelps said:

Olympic Quota Places (to the NOCs, NOT to the shooters): :CHN:JPN:UKR:EST

I thought only those who advance to the final can win the quota this time for this Olympic cycle. did they change something ?? or I just remember something completely wrong ? :d

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I thought only those who advance to the final can win the quota this time for this Olympic cycle. did they change something ?? or I just remember something completely wrong ? :d

ISSF changed the rules again.

3 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

ISSF changed the rules again.

oh OK, so my memory isn't that bad after all :d

so that means we won't have much re-allocation after all and only 1 (or 2) quota per event will be awarded based on the ranking . right ?

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

oh OK, so my memory isn't that bad after all :d

so that means we won't have much re-allocation after all and only 1 (or 2) quota per event will be awarded based on the ranking . right ?

Unused host and tripartite quotas, and declined quotas will be reallocated via the rankings. Declined continental quotas will be kept within the continent if possible

Not a great championship to be honest. Really failed miserably in pistol events with no quotas. Rifle was good with 3/4 quotas. Anything less than 2 golds and 5 medals in Olympic events was always bad. It's good to have something like that now so that expectations will be less next year.

50m3P is our pet event now in both genders. One of the other big event is women's 10m Air Rifle where we won bronze courtesy Mehuli Ghosh and missing in quota due to 1 per nation rule, Tilottama Sen at 4th place, the 15 year old. Expecting both to make it to Paris next year through trials. 

10m Air Rifle Women is the first event  at the games which will decide our shooting teams as well as entire country's Olympic performance. 

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

you were right, but they changed the rule in due course :dunno: ;)

Derrick Scott missed the vary last target which he could really regret as he's now tied with 9 other shooters in 2nd place with 99 , that will be a really interesting and intense final round , so only Khaled Al Mudhaf from Kuwait made the perfect score after 4 rounds with 100 in Men's Trap qualifications , he could be the 1st athlete from Kuwait to qualify to Paris 2024 

Edited by thepharoah

What happened to Jessica Rossi in Trap??? :surprise::surprise::surprise:
After 75 targets she was perfect 75/75 in place 1 (place 2 already with 73/75).

And today she started with 19/25 and is currently out of the final (and even with another 25/25 it will need a lot of mistakes by the other to reach the final).

Edited by Mecki83