website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Dolby said:

Deepak Punia reaches the finals. :hyper:

maybe he could have got through the other draw too......... He really ripped the SUI wrestler apart ....but yazdhani :hairpull: anyway silver for sure :yes

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

maybe he could have got through the other draw too......... He really ripped the SUI wrestler apart ....but yazdhani :hairpull: anyway silver for sure :yes

I am not sure. He is an excellent wrestler who has now reached finals of World Championships at Cadet, Youth and Senior level at such a young age but it will take him some time to be at top class. 

Over here, he got lucky and got a very easy draw. Still, he had to win those matches and he did show composure to eke out wins even when it seemed it was over. This run will give him good experience and enough time to prepare for Tokyo. 

Men's Freestyle Wrestling, Day #9 Finals

-61kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Magomedrasul Idrisov vs :GEO Beka Lomtadze
Bronze Medal match #1: :IRI Behnam Ehsanpoor vs :UZB Abbos Rakhmonov / :BLR Andrei Bekreneu / :MGL Tuvshintulga Tumenbileg
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Rahul Balasheb Aware vs :MDA Mihai Esanu / :USA Tyler Lee Graff

-79kg
Gold Medal match: :USA Kyle Douglas Dake vs :AZE Jabarayil Hasanov
Bronze Medal match #1: :UZB Rashid Kurbanov vs :RUS Gadzhi Nabiev / :KGZ Oibek Nasirov
Bronze Medal match #2: :SVK Taimuraz Salkazanov vs :KAZ Galymzhan Usserbayev / :UKR Dmytrii Tkachenko

-86kg
Gold Medal match: :IRI Hassan Yazdani vs :IND Deepak Punia
Bronze Medal match #1: :SMR Myles Nazem Amine vs :RUS Artur Naifonov / :HUN Istvan Vereb / :PUR Jaime Yusept Espinal
Bronze Medal match #2: :SUI Stefan Reichmuth vs :COL Carlos Arturo Izquierdo Mendez / :TJK Bakhodur Kodirov / :KAZ Adilet Davlumbayev

Olympic Quota so far: :IRI / :IND / :SMR / :SUI

-97kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Abdulrashid Sadulaev vs :AZE Sharif Sharifov
Bronze Medal match #1: :KAZ Alisher Yergali vs :MKD Magomedgadji Nurov / :MDA Nicolai Ceban
Bronze Medal match #2: :USA Kyle Frederick Snyder vs :GEO Elizbar Odikadze / :UKR Valerii Andriitsev / :KOR Seo Min Won

Olympic Quota so far: :RUS / :AZE / :USA / :KAZ

23 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I am not sure. He is an excellent wrestler who has now reached finals of World Championships at Cadet, Youth and Senior level at such a young age but it will take him some time to be at top class. 

Over here, he got lucky and got a very easy draw. Still, he had to win those matches and he did show composure to eke out wins even when it seemed it was over. This run will give him good experience and enough time to prepare for Tokyo. 

I would like to see him against Yazdhani .... not that I am hoping for some Miracle but if he lasts the full 6 minutes ....... I would feel he would have maybe won thru in the worse draw............ And let us not forget he is just 18 , he will become better with experience and power 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I would like to see him against Yazdhani .... not that I am hoping for some Miracle but if he lasts the full 6 minutes ....... I would feel he would have maybe won thru in the worse draw............ 

He didn't last that against our second guy in this weight at the Asian Championships

but then Ghasempour is almost as good as Yazdani. Yazdani had a close match with him in Iranian trials (I posted the video here). this is just our bad luck that we have 2 great wrestlers in the same weight (and one of them had to stay at home). while we had to send someone like Afzali at 74kg ! :wall:

I don't think that's possible for Deepak to last that long but considering his age, he will improve and will be a bigger threat next time. but still I really thank him for beating Switzerland :d

Just now, MHSN said:

He didn't last that against our second guy in this weight at the Asian Championships

but then Ghasempour is almost as good as Yazdani. Yazdani had a close match with him in Iranian trials (I posted the video here). this is just our bad luck that we have 2 great wrestlers in the same weight (and one of them had to stay at home). while we had to send someone like Afzali at 74kg ! :wall:

I don't think that's possible for Deepak to last that long but considering his age, he will improve and will be a bigger threat next time. but still I really thank him for beating Switzerland :d

:wall:

Ouch that was Horriible ( from the Indian point of view ) and that is your second guy :wall:

Ouch that was Horriible ( from the Indian point of view ) and that is your second guy :wall:

told you he is almost as good as Yazdani. also he is much better than Yazdani in gut wrench. one opportunity was enough for him

btw, that was interesting bronze medal match between Kazakhstan vs France. they were about to rob the French wrestler because the takedown happened after the whistle but that challenge corrected the call. they can blame the ref for that whistle but the call was correct. and that's funny Kazakhstan got angry on the refs and their fans threw so many objects to the mat. seriously, Kazakhstan ?! :d