website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

and guess where is Kazakhstan. always in the easier half.

I really hope someone stops that Israeli wrestler from winning a medal or quota. I don't think his first round opponent Lebanese wrestler (who is half American and is an Asian Games silver medalist) shows up tomorrow.

Syria and Kosovo are in the quota match thanks to the stupid draw system of UWW. even though I think it's good to see one of them at the Olympics. the Syrian guy is actually from Russia as I said last night. he is the favorite.

I am hopeful that our youngster Deepak Punia will be able to make the most of this dream draw and get both quota and medal. 

Also, what is the Turkish policy on competing against Israel? 

Just now, Quasit said:

Not that they really stand a chance against Emami but thanks to the draw one of :AUS / :GBR will be in a bronze medal match. That's something new. :p

the :GBR guy is actually not that bad, he beat South Korea here. he is from Romania. Emami will be huge favorite for bronze but it won't be very easy.

Just now, Dolby said:

I am hopeful that our youngster Deepak Punia will be able to make the most of this dream draw and get both quota and medal. 

no special policy for them...they fight against everybody without any problem...

Just now, Dolby said:

I'm sure they have no problem beating Israelis :d

for Deepak his first round is his real medal match. I hope he wins and then he beats the Turk (who beat Israel before) to eliminate the Israeli :d (I know I'm thinking too much)

plz don't let that guy winning the quota. this is the only weight we count on the gold :d

Just now, MHSN said:

I'm sure they have no problem beating Israelis :d

for Deepak his first round is his real medal match. I hope he wins and then he beats the Turk (who beat Israel before) to eliminate the Israeli :d (I know I'm thinking too much)

plz don't let that guy winning the quota. this is the only weight we count on the gold :d

That is actually possible. Final for us would bring Kazakh in repechage and give them quota. 

Just now, Dolby said:

That is actually possible. Final for us would bring Kazakh in repechage and give them quota. 

I'm sure you got that by "that guy" I mean the Israeli . India/Kazakhstan won't face Israel unless in the semifinal (where he already won the quota) you have to beat the Turk :d (to not let Israel gets another chance in the repechage) and then I don't care if Kazakh luckily steals another quota.

I will write in details later as usual but I think we have 4 candidates in top half. TUR, IND, KAZ and ESP. I just hope 3 of them win the quota :d

Just now, MHSN said:

I'm sure you got that by "that guy" I mean the Israeli . India/Kazakhstan won't face Israel unless in the semifinal (where he already won the quota) you have to beat the Turk :d (to not let Israel gets another chance in the repechage) and then I don't care if Kazakh luckily steals another quota.

I will write in details later as usual but I think we have 4 candidates in top half. TUR, IND, KAZ and ESP. I just hope 3 of them win the quota :d

I obviously got it. I meant we might get help from referees to defeat the Turk as it will benefit Kazakhstan. 

Just now, Dolby said:

I obviously got it. I meant we might get help from referees to defeat the Turk as it will benefit Kazakhstan. 

oh I see

to be honest I never want such things even if that benefits our athletes. I know wrestling is a tough sport. these wrestlers try really hard to be here and when some soul-less referees easily rob them that always feels terrible for me as a fan.

I always think how these guys "sleep well" when they know they ruined someone's life so easily. how come they don't feel bad about themselves ?! most of officiating mistakes here aren't "mistake" they are cheating. I'm OK with 50/50 calls going in favor of the host, but some of them weren't even 90/10. but 100% obvious calls.

21 hours ago, LowerSaxony said:

ehm yeah.. 5 quota places and 3 medals so far (only few NOCs have more at this point), something I did not dare to dream of prior to the WC. If THIS is horrible, alright,

Btw Stäbler won his title 2018 in a different weight class (72kg) which is not part of the Olympic programm. He had reduce weight to get in the 67kg class and won Bronze. I think that's pretty good ;)

1) You did not dare to dream of 5 quota places and 3 medals? Ok ...

I think before the start of the competition it wasn't crazy to think that Germany would get at least 4 quota places (Stäbler, Kudla, Popp, Focken) and 2-3 medals (Stäbler, Kudla, Focken).

2) I think 4 medals is a great result and more than expected, but do you seriously want to deny that it is (at least somewhat) disappointing that

a) Stäbler only won bronze after winning gold at 3 editions in a row (i know that he competed in a different weight class, but he won gold in the -66 kg category in 2015, so it is not as if he hasn't proven that he can be competitive at such a weight)

b) 4 athletes in a semifinal (Focken, Schell, Kudla, Popp) only "translated" to 3 bronze medals (statistically speaking 2 out of them should have made the final, so none of them making the final clearly feels like a disappointment to me)?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.