website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Chernobyl is nothing compared to this. It is still leaking a lot of radioactive material into sea every day, for 6 years. I mean, it's not crazy dangerous as it sounds, but it's still going on.

It's fascinating how this is kept outside of media. :rolleyes:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

14 hours ago, konig said:

The problem in Fukushima continue.......they have a big hole with a powerfull radiation and wild pig with big radiation, the japanese are hunting them but there are too much......my condolences to the players of both sport if they play there.

Sort of pronouncing them dead already is probably a bit of an overreaction :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Let's remember that it's pretty far away from the plant itself, and most of the radiation is spilled out into the ocean (not that it's not a huge problem). The radiation at the stadium isn't really that high from what I see, and there isn't really any problems being there for a short period of time.

That doesn't mean that I support the idea, as I really think it's way too gimmicky!

15 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

3345cd8b91714378b2217654fb9b3d17.jpeg

The real victim of holding it in Fukushima...

:lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Future headlines from Tokyo:

May 22 "Pictograms canned as 'unnecessary distractions' - reports"

Sept 15 "Shock in Lima as it is announced that Pyongyang win the 2024 Olympics as IOC aim to complete 'Asian Tour'"

Oct 19 "In cutback, only "key" events Athletics, Swimming and Gymnastics, as well as Skateboarding, Sport Climbing, and Karate to be held to 'preserve legacy of games amongst youth"

Jan 13 "Athletics, Swimming, and Gymnastics latest sports to go"

Mar 19 "Why 'that' St. Patrick's Day tweet from the Tokyo 2020 account WAS racist"

Mar 21 "TOCOG apologises for 'leprechaun' tweet, sends bemused Irish NOC "pot o' gold" to make up for it"

Mar 23 "Ireland withdraws from 2020 Olympics"

May 31 "IOC considers moving games to Wellington as speculation over Tokyo's future grows"

Sep 29 "TOCOG says they have a 'huge announcement' to make to be revealed on October 3"

Oct 3 "Scheduled annoucment doesn't happen puzzling world media"

Oct 17 "TOCOG: Announcement now to be held on November 12"

Nov 12 "TOCOG release timetable on when mascot will be released"

Feb 13 "Madness in Milan: TOCOG say that Olympics will not be broadcast on TV to "preserve our planet""

Sep 19 "Olympics replaced with video game "Mario and Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - officials say this will allow "regular people" to experience Olympics like "never before"

Dec 20 "'Wellington 2020' logo leaked, but is NZ ready to host an Olympics?"

Feb 13 "Kiwi PM Little: Olympics in Wellington one of NZ's "proudest moments ever"

Jul 24 Opening Ceremony for the Games of the 32nd Olympiad held in Wellington, New Zealand. Yoshirō Mori makes a speech about how happy he is that Tokyo are hosting the games to a completely empty New National Stadium anyway.

I'm joking. Or am I?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Sep 29 "TOCOG says they have a 'huge announcement' to make to be revealed on October 3"

Oct 3 "Scheduled annoucment doesn't happen puzzling world media"

Oct 17 "TOCOG: Announcement now to be held on November 12"

Nov 12 "TOCOG release timetable on when mascot will be released"

:lol: