website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Crazy performance so far. I thought that 1 medal by Schouten would be possible, but now it is already 3 and Korstanje might win one as well. I don't see Kamminga doing anything next year, but the other two could repeat in Paris.

I think Kamminga is still our biggest chance for an Olympic swimming medal. After Qin and Peaty will be a bronze medal left (would be life changing or Kamminga who is used to win silver always).

I'm a big fan of Schouten, but with ridiculous Chikunova competing next year again, I fear there is only a place for her outside the podium. For Steenbergen it will be very hard as well. She still has to improve a lot to compete with Jack, O'Callaghan, Haughey and especially Sjöström next year.

But today was incredibly good for the Dutch! I enjoyed every minute of it.

28 minutes ago, CCB said:

I think Kamminga is still our biggest chance for an Olympic swimming medal. After Qin and Peaty will be a bronze medal left (would be life changing or Kamminga who is used to win silver always).

I'm a big fan of Schouten, but with ridiculous Chikunova competing next year again, I fear there is only a place for her outside the podium. For Steenbergen it will be very hard as well. She still has to improve a lot to compete with Jack, O'Callaghan, Haughey and especially Sjöström next year.

But today was incredibly good for the Dutch! I enjoyed every minute of it.

I think Kamminga will be too old, he was already slower this year than he used to be. This year he was lucky that the level wasn't too high. Especially Martinenghi wasn't at his best. I don't see Peaty competing next year. I think it will be Qin for gold next year and then two younger guys (Martinenghi + X) for silver and bronze. Steenbergen is on a very good trajectory, currently i would only favor O'Callaghan and the second australian (Jack) over her. Schouten could win 2 golds or nothing at all (if Chikunov will (hopefully) still be banned). The 200 breast field looks much weaker right now.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Crazy that O'Callaghan has more golds than the US. Marchand and Qin both have as many golds (relays excluded) as the whole american team (relays included). Also Tunisia (Hafanoui) and South Africa (Schoenmaker) both with as many medals as Germany and South Korea combined. The Cayman Islands (Crooks) and Hong Kong (Haughey) both with as many individual finals as Spain.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 hours ago, phelps said:

and still it's wrong...

:ITA have more medals than those listed there :evil:

I think this is only for Swimming, not the whole Aquatics championships.

Btw, :CHN is leading the Aquatics championships with 34 medals and 20 golds (!) (although :USA with 31 medals will maybe surpass them in totals).