website statistics

Swimming 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE news for Lithuanian swimming. Vilnius is going to host the 2024 European Junior Swimming Championships.

It's the very first time that Lithuania is hosting a prestigious swimming event and we definitely have amazing infrastructure to host it in Kaunas as well, so I was surprised to see Vilnius win the bid.

Definitely going to be there if I don't have work on those days.

Also, our junior swimming has been improving immensely, so this is going to be an amazing push for our athletes + Plytnykaitė will still be a junior, so medals are also a decent possibility :) 

The very first swimming competition in Lithuania was held back in 1924, so it will be the 100 year anniversary of Lithuanian swimming as well as the 50th European Junior championships as well. 

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

HUGE news for Lithuanian swimming. Vilnius is going to host the 2024 European Junior Swimming Championships.

It's the very first time that Lithuania is hosting a prestigious swimming event and we definitely have amazing infrastructure to host it in Kaunas as well, so I was surprised to see Vilnius win the bid.

Definitely going to be there if I don't have work on those days.

Also, our junior swimming has been improving immensely, so this is going to be an amazing push for our athletes + Plytnykaitė will still be a junior, so medals are also a decent possibility :) 

The very first swimming competition in Lithuania was held back in 1924, so it will be the 100 year anniversary of Lithuanian swimming as well as the 50th European Junior championships as well. 

Surprised to see Vilnius to win a bid? Vilnius has the best aquatics center amongst all Baltic states....

30 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, I honestly thought that the best one was the new one in Nemuno sala, at Kaunas :p 

The Nemuno Sala pool have only 500 seats and is two times smaller than Lazdynai centro in Vilnius. Don't get me wrong, the one in Kaunas is also great, but nothing in comparison to versatility and potential of Lazdynai pool