website statistics

Name the 5 biggest gold medal hopes for your country in Olympic Games Paris 2024

2 hours ago, phelps said:

a) the men are among the gold medal candidates, but we've never won the Olympic tournament, even when we were the absolute best team in the world, so, there's a chance, but I wouldn't say they're the favorites to win the gold medal

I don't trust our girls at all, they're not mentally sound enough

the best chance in team sports is always the men's waterpolo team (but again, it would take a miracle to win the Olympic gold...a silver/bronze medal is more likely)

b) Iapichino might be a gold medal contender in the women's LJ, I just left her out in the previous post not to make the list too long)

Furlani...I think it's too early for him, but who knows? right now, however, he can't be considered a favourite for gold, at least

TJ...we don't even know if Diaz would be actually able to start at the Games with our team (there are still controversies on the actual date it should be used to count the 3 years from his last Cuban appearance) and in any case, he could well be a medal contender, but Pichardo is still the main candidate to the gold medal

c) ask me after this byear's world champs

d) men: it might well be, but right now I think we're not the favourite for the gold medal

women: medal, but GBR are on another level, especially if they add Zoe Backstedt

b) Would be „interesting“ if Diaz would be allowed to compete and we would get a podium of Diaz, Pichardo and a Cuban guy -> A podium with 3 athletes from the same nation all representing different nations. Not sure how often we had something like this before?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

19 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

b) Would be „interesting“ if Diaz would be allowed to compete and we would get a podium of Diaz, Pichardo and a Cuban guy -> A podium with 3 athletes from the same nation all representing different nations. Not sure how often we had something like this before?

It has happened quite a few times in wrestling, with all the people on the podium coming from former USSR first and directly from Russia more recently

and it also happened in women's Canoeing, not at the Olympics but at the 2001 world championships, when :ITA Josefa Idem, :GER Kathrin Wagner and :AUS Kathrin Borchert were on the podium all together (all of them coming from, actually, having also represented earlier in their life :GER, West Germany in Idem's case, to be precise)

26 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

and in that case it might well happen to have a lot of Cubans representing different Nations in the top places of the Olympic competition, because the "other" Diaz (Jordan Alejandro Diaz Fortun) is going to represent Spain from next year (June 2024) and of course we have 2/3 Cubans still with their native Nation also capable of jumping very far

:ESP  I don't see too many options for Gold

Football > Men's
Water polo > Men's
Canoe Sprint > Men's K4 500m
Athletics. Triple Jump > Jordan Diaz
Tennis > Carlos Alcaraz

Maybe Sailing (49erFx), Taekwondo (Adriana Cerezo)

Edited by Fran-UDA

I remember that there was a thread where people could predict who will be the youngest competitor of their nation at the olympics. Does anyone know what happened to that thread (i couldn't find it)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

:ROU 

Rowing:

Simona Radis/Ancuta Bodnar - W2X

Women 8+1 

W4-

M2-

LW2X (Gianina Beleaga is returning for Paris)

Swimming:

David Popovici - 100-200m freestyle

Weightlifting:

Loredana Toma

Mihaela Cambei

Wrestling:

Andreea Ana

Alexandra Anghel

Rowing is by far the sport from which Romania expects the best results, we can win 4-5 gold medals.

Edited by IoNuTzZ

On 7/27/2023 at 10:32 PM, OlympicsFan said:

I remember that there was a thread where people could predict who will be the youngest competitor of their nation at the olympics. Does anyone know what happened to that thread (i couldn't find it)?

We already have a woman skateborading qualification thread.

On 7/27/2023 at 10:32 PM, OlympicsFan said:

We had this: https://totallympics.com/forums/topic/9891-athletes-who-will-shine-in-summer-olympic-games-paris-2024/

On 7/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, Fran-UDA said:

:ESP  I don't see too many options for Gold

Football > Men's
Water polo > Men's
Canoe Sprint > Men's K4 500m
Athletics. Triple Jump > Jordan Diaz
Tennis > Carlos Alcaraz

Maybe Sailing (49erFx), Taekwondo (Adriana Cerezo)

If Nadal decides to go for Paris, then surely he'll be in contention (if not the favorite) for gold considering the tennis venue will be the same one that is used for RG.