website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

22 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Maybe the only way this could work is if the IOC took the European Games, Asian Games, Pan-American Games etc. like stepchild's and help with the organization and intertwine the Olympic qualification with these continental Games.

I think there’s some general movement in that direction, or at least it’s being considered. It makes a lot of sense to me. I fell like more people should come out winners than losers in that scenario (IOC, Continental Orgs, Federations, NOCs, etc.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Lol, the 'Replays' section of the TV website is just one big-ass spoiler :rofl::lol:  (literally even including scores in the title, as if the thumbnails spoiling the results weren't enough)

https://europeangames.tv/videos

Unbelievable, these organizations never learn, do they? :facepalm: 

Apparently from the 'Program' section one can't even go straight to a replay of the stream...now it's time to find out how to start rewatching stuff (non-spoilered)...

Ah, there's 'Highlights' of the athletics sections...consisting of seeing a lady jump up and down in slow motion and slowly seeing a discus fly through the air. Sigh. I was kind of looking forward to this, but I guess this entire event can go in the trash can in terms of my 'Things to watch' list...

Athletics events are on allathletics.tv I believe…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I really do not understand why Polish does not go to this athletic team Championship. Ok European Games does not have good reputation. But itnis team Championship. I was in Bydhošť 5 years ago and there were full stadium. Maybe one of reason Is that it it 3 times in row in Poland and it Is time to change it and give it to sb else. Moreover I think great times of athletics in Poland Is over. It Is time for Italy

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Where can i find replays from Minsk? I mean, full replays. On the same site where we watch streams from Poland?

There are some on there, and some on EOC.tv. Overall, a somewhat limited offering.

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Athletics events are on allathletics.tv I believe…

Thanks, that seems to be a start. One wonders where all the many others sports can be viewed on-demand though...I'm sure I'm missing something, because no way an event that is supposed to be big like this has no on-demand options, bu no idea where.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, stepansevs said:

I really do not understand why Polish does not go to this athletic team Championship. Ok European Games does not have good reputation. But itnis team Championship. I was in Bydhošť 5 years ago and there were full stadium. Maybe one of reason Is that it it 3 times in row in Poland and it Is time to change it and give it to sb else. Moreover I think great times of athletics in Poland Is over. It Is time for Italy

Bydgoszcz is in a complete different part of the country so it's not really the case of the same people (non)-attending. Like I said before the two reasons are:

a) lack of promotion, I didn't realize athletics will be held in Chorzów until few days before EG and I live less than 20 kms from Chorzów itself :lol:

b) EG started in the last week of school when most adults are still working and before the actual holiday period in Poland.

PS. It doesn't help Chorzów will host the Skolimowska Memorial on July 16th. I suspect there will be more people for that meeting than EG three weeks prior.

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks, that seems to be a start. One wonders where all the many others sports can be viewed on-demand though...I'm sure I'm missing something, because no way an event that is supposed to be big like this has no on-demand options, bu no idea where.

There’s a bunch of replays on europeangames.tv

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

IOC offers everything but EOC must differ :facepalm:

Panam Sports Channel and EOC TV only offer replays of the finals in each sport/event, or full replays of sport/event where final is only one session. EOC TV was slowly uploading VODs of all the sessions from the 2023 Winter EYOF, but just stopped at some point :(

ANOC TV and FISU TV generally offer VODs of everything that was broadcast (maybe missing a few here and there like the Olympic Channel).