website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

is it? then i guess brasil (due to Neymar) and Portugal (due to Ronaldo, if he keeps playing) will be the finalists? (everyone hates them now haha)

That is the point. A few years ago, the World Cup was a better competition because of them, but now most people just wish they remain benched the entire match so we don't have to stomach them.

2 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

because of ronaldo, because of how boring the team can be most of the times, or because of Roberto Leal? :d 

LOL, he is a legend.

Portugal deserves respect because you guys are getting the absolutely worst Brazilians, the most despicable persons who lived here in Brazil and have now moved to Portugal.

But I have nothing against the team per se. I just want Ronaldo not to have a world title for the same reason I don't want Neymar to have one.

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

the most despicable persons who lived here in Brazil and have now moved to Portugal.

Just out of curiousity, is that meant in general about Brazilians who move to Portugal, or about specific Brazilians who moved to Portugal (hello Pepe)? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, the most experienced TVP commentator is doing all the Brazil matches at this WC (he declined to comment on Poland matches :p ). He announced this will be his last WC and he's been given the final already so let's see if he becomes the lucky horse shoe for Brazil :coffee:

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just out of curiousity, is that meant in general about Brazilians who move to Portugal, or about specific Brazilians who moved to Portugal (hello Pepe)? :p 

Pepe doesn't even have consideration for Brazil, at least I think so. We can, realize that in his interviews. Curiously He has a mix of accent between a person from northeast of Brazil, with Portuguese from Portugal.

Deco, for instance, has already said that he was born in Brazil but he feels like a Portuguese.

I think it depends on each case. I remember people cursing Diego Costa during the WC here, but for other athletes he just don't care. Either because they are not good enough to play for our team, or because we really comprehend their connection with other countries.

12 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

LOL, he is a legend.

Portugal deserves respect because you guys are getting the absolutely worst Brazilians, the most despicable persons who lived here in Brazil and have now moved to Portugal.

But I have nothing against the team per se. I just want Ronaldo not to have a world title for the same reason I don't want Neymar to have one.

He was actually very loved here. Mocked a lot yes, because he was portuguese but spoke with brazilian accent, but some years ago he participated in a "mocking reality show" called "Ultimo a Sair" (a fake pre-recorded reality show that made fun on big brother but behave like if it were a real reality show), and he got praised and admired a lot because of how he accepted to make fun of himself, and also of religion, as his character was very religious (as he was).

I actually think he "won" the show if i'm not wrong.

Unfortunately he passed away 3 years ago.

P.S - This is a bit of that Ultimo a Sair show, mocking the presentation part of the reality show participants haha