website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

ppff, :cry: it was a huge mistake to start with Azmoun. he is a 50 minutes player now and Queiroz had to save him for the last 20-30 minutes. and what about Taremi ? who was supposed to be our best player in this tournament but except that goal in England he was just a shadow of himself. and what he was thinking diving for a penalty while he had a chance to score. no referee will call a penalty in favor of Iran against USA in 100th minute of a WC knockout match.

USA deserved the win because of their first half performance. as usual they suck in 2nd half. but Iran didn't create enough chances to score. there were some chances here and there but in all of them the ball went to the wrong player, nobody excepts Karimi or PAG to score.

yeah it feels terrible now but still I'm proud of the team considering all problems they had to get here. they faced lots of enemies inside and outside. changing the coach only few months before the cup, friendly matches being cancelled. and that humiliating defeat against England. they still did good after that.

Yes absolutely Azmoun is not fully fit to last 90mins yet. 
Maybe if you want 2 up top start with Ansarifad and then bring on Azmoun for last 30 mins. 
I like your LB who came on late in the game Jalali I think, he is really hard working. 
As for Taremi , it is unfair to expect him to do all alone. He has quality players at Porto who supports him.

Him and a fully fit Azmoun would have scored goals . 
A lot of your players might retire now. 

26 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Yes absolutely Azmoun is not fully fit to last 90mins yet. 
Maybe if you want 2 up top start with Ansarifad and then bring on Azmoun for last 30 mins. 
I like your LB who came on late in the game Jalali I think, he is really hard working. 
As for Taremi , it is unfair to expect him to do all alone. He has quality players at Porto who supports him.

Him and a fully fit Azmoun would have scored goals . 
A lot of your players might retire now. 

Queiroz took over only 2-3 months ago. he didn't follow Iranian football in past 4 years and he had no other choice to bring his old players. Iran was the oldest team of the competition because of that reason. Jalali was the only new player he brought with himself and that was his first or second match with the NT.

as for Taremi, I said this before he is very dumb and very smart at the same time. unfortunately tonight was the bad side of him. he is still a great player but just not tonight and not in this tournament. or maybe we were asking too much from him.

lots of guys will retire for sure and to be honest 5-6 of them couldn't even dream of playing at the World Cup 3 months ago but Queiroz called them up since he had no time to test new players.

our league is more like gladiator battles. no idea how our team will look like in future. not even sure if there is a future.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

no referee will call a penalty in favor of Iran against USA in 100th minute of a WC knockout match.

Most specifically because it's in the VAR era and this was just way too obvious a matter of falling as soon as someone touched him, no way this would or should have been a penalty. And yeah, like you already said: instead of going for that, why not go for the actual chance for a goal :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Most specifically because it's in the VAR era and this was just way too obvious a matter of falling as soon as someone touched him, no way this would or should have been a penalty. And yeah, like you already said: instead of going for that, why not go for the actual chance for a goal :( 

that's the dumb Taremi I talked about, he is usually good in forcing defenders to give him cheap penalties. but not in last minute of a very match like this. obviously that wasn't a penalty but even if it was, the ref wouldn't called it.

4 years ago it was Taremi again who missed the last chance in last seconds of match against Portugal. I assume he will be remembered by goals he didn't score.