website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Next WC with 48 teams, or 20% of world countries. I mean really...

We will have 8 groups with 6 teams (i think)... Why did they have to change this format??? 

no, unless they change it in due course, there will be 16 groups of 3 teams, the top 2 advancing to the knockout stage (which will start from the round of 32)...

Very underwhelming R16 games in the top half. Only the Argentine own goal provided the x-factor. Bottom half should be much more interesting, Japan vs Croatia is anyone's for the taking IMO, Spain vs Morocco for the old colonial supremacy (FIFA selected Rapallini as the ref) and Portugal vs Switzerland can possibly go into PSO.

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, unless they change it in due course, there will be 16 groups of 3 teams, the top 2 advancing to the knockout stage (which will start from the round of 32)...

Even worse! What were they thinking? Who came up with the idea? Your countryman?

1 minute ago, phelps said:

no, the Swiss idiot in charge of FIFA...:evil:

Should have guessed. Same guy who had an idea to have a winter WC, with 5 subs, female referees and so on.

I am a conservative, changing established formats isnt my cup of tee but this is beyond my wildest dreams.

I mean, 3 teams per group, just hillarious.

:question: