website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

Turns out that I don't really enjoy junior curling. Tactics are just boring, as teams are not willing to take risks, even when they are behind on scoreboard.

Well, that's why I wanted to kill my skip a few weeks ago during our league game - no risk at all (and he is already far from being junior, in fact me too, but I have only a little bit over a year of experience on ice). So it's not a matter of age, rather lack of self-confidence.

I feel some way of understanding to the Slovenian lead - one too strong, another too weak, another missed by a few milimeters - like I'd seen myself. (So I can say I'm at Olympic level :p )

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The most common ways have to do with the shooting. For example going out on the loop with a bullet still in your rifle. One could also seriously hinder another competitor, go out on the course with a rifle that's not properly marked by officials beforehand or firing more than five rounds in one shooting bout in an individial, mass start, pursuit or sprint - that last happened to Taynara in her debut race, where she thought she could use spare munitions :p 

Page 85 for more examples.

https://res.cloudinary.com/deltatre-spa-ibu/image/upload/p2ebk3rka5c0pygc5jr2.pdf

Another common one is trying to clear your foresight when you still have a round in the chamber!  :hyper:  Sounds stupid, but people do it all the time.  

Also shooting a competitor.

4 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Another common one is trying to clear your foresight when you still have a round in the chamber!  :hyper:  Sounds stupid, but people do it all the time.  

Looking straight into the rifle isn't the best idea, is it, @brunamoura?

I nearly got a heart attack when I saw her do that in Arber two seasons ago.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@hckosice Jancova misses a medal by 0.02 :cry:. She’ll have a very small chance in the GS and Slalom.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela