website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’d just be better to cancel them at this point. The athletes need to focus on Tokyo 2020 now, and Philippines is quite frankly unprepared to host the games.

It’s the best option I this current situation I believe that the athletes will prefer to be healthy and ready for Tokyo then the obvious other option..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central Asian Games may be back in 2021. Not only would it add another regional Asian Games to schedule, but it would make an already crowded 2021 even more crowded.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I just wanted to come on here and say how proud I am of Lima 2019. Six months after the games ended, and the venues are still operational and being used for both local and international events. Lima 2019 is also using their website as a “hub” for local and Peruvian sport. It’s really great to see a legacy’s for the infrastructure built for the Pan American Games, especially after all the construction and funding woes. I really hope they can keep this up, because it really does appear to have a huge impact on the community there. Plus, it makes the 2019 Pan American Games a further success, and I don’t know who would want to complain about that. :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 24/02/2020 at 01:25, Olympian1010 said:

Slightly. Some 2015 Pan Am venues are part of the plan. No shooting is proposed, so that is interesting.

17 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Slightly. Some 2015 Pan Am venues are part of the plan. No shooting is proposed, so that is interesting.

What are the non-core sports proposed? Anything fun/unusual?

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

@Olympian1010 Can you make me a list of multi-sport events going on in 2021, with respective dates and venues ?

Thanks!

Yes, I was already preparing to make one for here by sheer coincidence :yes