website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

On 4/15/2016 at 2:05 PM, hckosice said:

SVK-CAN  will be opened by Dominika Cibulková and Francoise Abanda in 1st match

-1.jpg

Why is this the first time I ever saw this Abanda girl? :hearts:

Starting today, I am a Francoise Abanda fan :clap:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

We had a great start against France with Kiki Bertens beating Caroline Garcia, but Kristina Mladenovic not surprisingly was too strong for Richel Hogenkamp: 1-1. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

In Asian/Oceanian Zone Group II Bahrain won only one game in 11 rubbers played :red:

Philippines advanced to Zone Group I 2017, defeated Singapore 2-0.

I was surprised with Singapore performance. I thought even Pacific Oceania had stronger team with Tere-Apisah (PNG) and Carruthers (SAM) in the team.

Final standing:

1. Philippines

2. Singapore

3. Hong Kong

4. Malaysia

5. Indonesia

6. Pacific Oceania

7. Sri Lanka

8. Iran

9. Pakistan

10. Bahrain

11 Kyrgyzstan

I thought with "one game" you meant one match, but no, 1 match ended 6-0, 6-1 and the other 10 with 6-0, 6-0, that's sad :lol::( 

To be fair, two of them were only 14 when the week started (one turned 15 at the day of the match against Hong Kong)..

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and one for heywoodu:)

-3.jpg

And shame on Cibulkova for beating her :stop:

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I thought with "one game" you meant one match, but no, 1 match ended 6-0, 6-1 and the other 10 with 6-0, 6-0, that's sad :lol::( 

To be fair, two of them were only 14 when the week started (one turned 15 at the day of the match against Hong Kong)..

You better check your tennis dictionary :d

1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

You better check your tennis dictionary :d

I know what a "game" means in tennis :d

However, winning 1 game in 11 rubbers seemed so impossible that I couldn't believe it :lol:

Actually in 14 rubbers by the way :p